5.0 out of 5 stars Another insightful book from Dave!
The book gives good historical insight into Islam and its origins and has given me a basis for understanding of what is happening in the middle east today. Found it very informative and has given me a interest to find out more.

Published on 15 Jan. 2009 by DFR

1.0 out of 5 stars Very negative
As a good man with a great reputation as a bible scholar, although there are elements that are of interest, it falls into "lets hide behind the wagons while God blows up the world and we get raptured type of book". Stopped reading half way through and gave it away. Very disappointed really, as the man is an excellent scholar and researcher.
Published 16 months ago by Sean E. Nash

5.0 out of 5 stars Another insightful book from Dave!, 15 Jan. 2009
This review is from: Judgment Day : Islam, Israel and the Nations (Hardcover)

I do not agree with Nazih's review.....once again someone who has not studied the Bible is giving their comment on what they think Christianity should be like.....i could go into a rather long comment about it but it wouldn't help because until someone is seeking the Only True God of the Bible no matter what one says it will be looked at through their own "world view".

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant and honest writer, 10 Oct. 2014
David Hughes (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Judgment Day : Islam, Israel and the Nations (Hardcover)
One of the most impressive books I've ever read. It should be mandatory reading for anyone who is interested in the pressing problems in the world today. The honest research of Dave Hunt in breathtaking: he names names, he gives dates and quotations from documents etc. He put the Bible in a true perspective for me and did the same with the Koran. My support for Israel is now stronger than ever. A book I shall recommend to all my friends.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite good but a very "American" perspective., 17 Mar. 2006
Mr. Simon A. Hailes (Belfast) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Judgment Day : Islam, Israel and the Nations (Hardcover)
Dave Hunt's books are generally fairly easy reads and this is no exception.
It seems to contain a lot of info similar to his previous books like "Jerusalem, a cup of trembling", but synthesised and updated for todays situation.
I really like Hunts stuff. I only just got this one and I am about 70 pages into it. Mine is the second edition.
I basically agree with him. My ownly critique is that in attempting to force a complex situation into black and white categories he seems to be naively pro-American, pro-Israel, anti-"Palestinian" and anti-Arab. By this, I mean; he seems to ignore the fact that Alquaeda was set up by the CIA to fight Russia in Afghaniastan. The Bin-Ladens are great friends and business partners with the Bushes and Sadman Hussein was set up and supported by America. These examples could be massively increased.
Israel has behaved pretty badly. For instance the anti-defamation league, Mossad and the house, land grab mentality of Israeli forces. Most of the media is fairly anti-Israel and I accept that, but it doesn't justify the appalling behaviour often wittnessed aginst Palestinians by the Israeli's.
I do believe true Christians have a biblical duty to support, pray for and defend Israel and the Jewish people and from this perspective this book provides a lot of good info to help with that task.
We should pray for the peace of Jerusalem as we seek to make know God's amazing saving grace, for Jews and Gentiles alike, through faith in the lord, God and Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved. Amen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Read, 24 July 2014
This review is from: Judgment Day : Islam, Israel and the Nations (Hardcover)
yet another brilliiant book by Dave Hunt, wroth reading for historic insight alone, but when you add the Biblical content it's worth every penny.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very negative, 17 Jan. 2014
Sean E. Nash "Smilindude" (UK- Manchester) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read,couldn't put it down., 17 July 2012
This review is from: Judgment Day : Islam, Israel and the Nations (Hardcover)
An excellent book and very informative. I have never really understood this subject before now and that's why I bought the book.It's surprisingly easy to read and very understandable without the use of clever words for the sake of it,which I often find in Christian books.
I couldn't put it down. Replacement theology has now been binned!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 30 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Judgment Day : Islam, Israel and the Nations (Hardcover)
Very informative and indepth veiw from a biblical viewpoint and beyond. Excellent read. Full of historical content relevant to current day events.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, Informative but Ultimately Flawed, 18 Nov. 2010
Dave Kinsella "Jesus First" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Judgment Day : Islam, Israel and the Nations (Hardcover)
I probably would not agree with everything, perhaps a lot of what I read in this book, but when I did read it (over 400 large pages) about 5 years ago, I was reading 50 pages a day, which is a huge amount for me, because of work and family restrictions.

I had been looking for something on Islam for a long time, and I couldn't find anything. This book was just the job.

I do believe it contains a lot of truth, but I find Hunt's approach to facts and truth, his epistemology, a little off. I see an unwillingness to consider other points of view, and a desire to use anything that bolsters up his own view. This is, unfortunately, a trend I see with most Evangelicals, most humans in fact, and I suppose it gives a sense of security instead of always bobbing about on a sea of uncertainty. However it is something I believe all people (especially Christians who claim to follow Truth and Reason (Logos can be translated Reason in English) Himself should strive to do.

Here's a book that might give more of a balanced Christian view of this subject in light of Jesus' Sermon on the Mount: Blood Brothers. Jesus teachings show us that we must love our enemies, not hate them, and to suffer wrong rather than inflict damage. I do believe this book fostered a certain amount of fear in me towards Muslims, whom Jesus loves and died for.

Will the Real Heretics Please Stand Up: A New Look at Today's Evangelical Church in the Light of Early Christianity

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't be Bothered Thinking for Yourself..? Buy This book!!, 22 Jan. 2009
This review is from: Judgment Day : Islam, Israel and the Nations (Hardcover)
I gave up on "Judgement Day" after about 100 pages.

From the outset, Hunt starts off on - what in my opinion - is an irrational rant, aimed at justifying the modern-day state of Israel and everything it has inflicted upon the Palestinians and the subsequent mess in the Middle East.

I had always thought of myself as a (latent) supporter of Israel in its struggles with its near-neighbours, but Hunt's blind and unconditional support for Israel as he describes in "Judgement Day" makes me embarrassed to be seen to side with people off this mindset. Hunt's book does nothing to encourage cross-cultural understanding and empathy.

No-one is spared Hunt's caustic eye: the UN, every US government, the Arab nations, the UK, the EU, Israel itself. Time after time Hunt cites OPINION as FACT. Time after time, he disparages any opposing opinion or interpretation without giving it a full and robust hearing.

It's great that people feel so strongly about a topic. But its scary when those people - however articulate and well-read they may be - are so blindly opinionated and closed off to any competing views.

I distinctly recall at secondary school my English teacher telling me that the use of the exclamation mark (!) was symptomatic of immature writing, and a sure-fire sign that the writer was defending a weak case. In "Judgement Day" Hunt uses the exclamation mark a lot.

With Hunt, it seems that everything is an absolute. There are no half measures; everything he says is RIGHT, and anything and everything that contradicts his opinion is WRONG. This is the worst kind of serious writing - and a potentially damaging mindset when brought to bear on such a serious topic.

There are very few books that I've bought that I've actually felt annoyed with myself afterwards for having done so. This is one of them.

I awarded this book one star only because there is no "zero star" option on Amazon. My advice? Save yourself the money. Buy this book ONLY if you can't be bothered thinking for yourself and ONLY if you're happy for some ranting right-winger to do your thinking for you.

1.0 out of 5 stars Christianity has no 'chosen people', 8 Oct. 2006
This review is from: Judgment Day : Islam, Israel and the Nations (Hardcover)
Surely the essential message of Jesus is tolerance and grace, not a justification for a particular ethnic group to seize a piece of land and trample over all others who get in their way. What distinguished Christianity from what went before was a rejection that there was a "chosen people" (the Jews) whom God gave "the holy Land".

Dave Hunt's book is the worst kind of fundamentalism. The Christian message is that God gave the world to all and that all human brings - including Palestinians, Arabs and Muslims - have rights.

Christianity can be made into a fundamentalism - like Islam - but surely we have moved beyond this kind of intolerance and pre-Jesus bigotry.

Judgment Day : Islam, Israel and the Nations
Judgment Day : Islam, Israel and the Nations by Dave Hunt (Hardcover - 16 July 2005)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available