Street Fighter Origins: Akuma
Format: HardcoverChange
Price:£20.66+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 24 September 2013
Akuma Origins is the newest entry in the Udon series of Street fighter graphic novels.

The story focuses on Akuma's journey from a child to adult and how he comes to embrace the Satsui-no-hado(the murderous intent) or the dark hadou. As the story progresses, it highlights Akuma's relationship with Gouken and his tutelage under master Goutetsu. Along the line, we are treated to a very very brief cameo appearance by a very young Ryu and how he was adopted by Gotetsu.
Now I must say that I am really impressed with this book.WOW! The story is brilliant, the artwork illustration is big, bold and consistent with one artist (big-ups to Joe Ng) while the art colouring is topnotch! I got this book a week before the UK release date and I must confess that I still find myself flipping through to digest the illustration and story over and over. Did I mention that the book consists of about 128 pages and THANKFULLY, only 8 pages were of artwork designs/comic board sketches.

Now my only gripe with the story is that...even as a child, the central character was addressed as Akuma! The story writer should have at least given him a more logical name then illustrated on how he adopted the name 'Akuma'.

With the less than stellar 'Street fighter: new generations', I must say, Udon has really redeemed itself with Akuma origins. Well done!
Even non street fighter fans will enjoy this!

I eagerly look forward to Street fighter volume 2: Hyper fighting.

I'm out!!
on 27 September 2013
I really enjoyed the comic. The art work is great. The story is great. I starts from Akuma's childhood till he grows into the raging damon we all know. The story espically highlights the differences between Akuma and Gouken from the begining. The only reason I could not give this 5 stars is because out of the 5 stories 3 of them are amazing where as 2 of them are just ok. I guess the did their job as filers. I love the big pannel art work, the brutally fight scenes are perfectly in keeping with Akuma's legend. The moves in the fight are straight out of the game even a couple from Street Fighter 4. Young Ryu makes an appearance as well and we learn his link to the cycle of violence that Akuma has made his life.
on 6 January 2015
prefer the Akuma story is Street Fighter Assassins Fist!! in a way watching the awesome Assassin's Fist DVD made me dissapointed with this Graphic Novel!!