5.0 out of 5 stars Book of Drama!!, 6 Feb 2014
B. E. Gottsche "DVD junkie" (London) - See all my reviews
So enlightening and so dramatic…like a thriller but with real consequences for us all. I couldn't put it down..everyone should this read it who is concerned about mental health

4.0 out of 5 stars Appears to be another good contribution to what should be a live debate, 9 Oct 2013
I have nearly finished reading Declan Henry's "Why Bipolar" and feel his book and this book must help to start to roll back the poor diagnosis and treatment of certain mental health conditions and medication black holes. At least I just about have the mental ability to consider what medication I am being given and analyse the side effects, a process I have followed in being given all the main stream medications for high blood pressure. All have given evil side effects and done little to reduce levels which are probably acceptable for my age, but not the drug company guidelines. If I had made the same conclusions as in the NICE report at work I would have been sacked. I see a parallel in the medications given for mental health conditions as set out by both Henry and Greenberg. I have personal experience of the sad aftermath of manic depression. Henry's book needs a greater circulation. Alexander of Allrighters and Ywnwab!

5.0 out of 5 stars You gotta buy this book, 30 May 2013
Even the first chapter gives a flavour of things to come and how absurd the diagnostic system for mental health is. I think everyone should read this book and beware of any mental health labels. They are made up and not scientific. Well done to the author for exposing this.

Book of Woe: The DSM and the Unmaking of Psychiatry
Book of Woe: The DSM and the Unmaking of Psychiatry by Gary Greenberg (Hardcover - 27 Sep 2013)
13.60