4.0 out of 5 stars Movida - Spanish recipes, 27 Mar 2010
M. Tate - See all my reviews
This review is from: MoVida: Spanish Culinary Adventures (Paperback)
I received this book yesterday and tonight I'm trying my first recipe form it. My pollo al ajillo (chicken in a sherry and onion sauce) is in the fridge marinating for tonight!

It's an attractively presented book. The cover comes off and can be unfolded as a poster, the pictures are appetizing, the layout of the recipes clear and easy-to-follow with an ingredients list, method and also a little history of dish and where the author acquired it (usually from some aunt or other back in Spain). The book is divided into all the usual sections (soups, tapas, meat, poultry, desserts, etc.) but also includes a couple of useful sections outlining how to make some of the dressings and sauces used throughout the book as well as a section on ingredients.

The recipes themselves look interesting enough and despite being a restaurant book most are reasonably simple and well within the capabilities of the amateur cook. Furthermore, the ingredients required are not too outlandish nor hard-to-find.

Although I wouldn't say that I'm expecting this book to become one of the much-loved well-thumbed classics of my cookery book collection, it is a practical book with some recipes I would rarely come across in other books, and as such I am certainly pleased to add it to my book shelf and whole-heartedly expect to be cooking from it on a regular basis.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must, 19 Mar 2013
This review is from: MoVida: Spanish Culinary Adventures (Paperback)
Very good book,recipes easy to do even for a neophyte.
Simple, flavourfull.
Everyone should have it, it is a basc for anyone who loves spamish cooking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved the restaurant & his book!, 8 Feb 2013
Mrs Andrea Stark (Atherton, Queensland, AU) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MoVida: Spanish Culinary Adventures (Paperback)
We have eaten at Movida in Melbourne a couple of times & love the food.
I never expected to find his recipe book on Amazon UK!
Have tried a few recipes & they have worked a treat, but has us hankering after another visit.
Have heard good reviews of the new Movida in Sydney too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting authentic Spanish Cookery Book, 9 Mar 2012
georgie (Colchester, Essex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MoVida: Spanish Culinary Adventures (Paperback)
Having seen Movida's concept and a couple of recipes demonstrated on Australian Masterchef I was excited to see if a book was available. I read the couple of reviews and felt this would be a good buy. Very traditional authentic recipes with a good section on paellas.

MoVida: Spanish Culinary Adventures
MoVida: Spanish Culinary Adventures by Frank Camorra & Richard Cornish (Paperback - 15 Nov 2007)
12.97