Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 July 2010
As I have books 1 and 2 of these series, which I am in love with for they give a brilliant overview of all possible cake decorating techniques, I was slightly disappointed by this book. Don't get me wrong, it is not a bad book and better than quite some other cake decorating books, my disappointment is only based on the contrast with books 1 and 2.
Where #1 and #2 cover real cake decorating techniques, to be handled without much fancy equipment and very useful for beginners as well as those who have enjoyed cake decorating for longer, book #3 holds mostly extra techniques for which special equipment is necessary. It is nice to know what molds are available, how to use them and even how to make them, but this information is easily found online.
The book holds a couple of nice cakes, but for a SCHOOL of sugercraft, not enough classes are being given. It is a book that I have browsed through only once while my other books are used much more often. My advice would therefore be to stick to books 1 and 2 which covers all the basics you need, maybe with added books by Debbie Brown, who covers a range of cakes from start to finish.
on 2 August 2008
Would recommend this for all cake decorators, some items may be beyond the scope of the novice, but the book sets the standard. Some brilliant ideas and all should enjoy it and aim to acheive some of the wonderful results.
on 9 January 2010
Excellent book which accompanies another two. They take through a series of lessons and start from beginner to advance. Book 3 helped me through my final exam when I had to a pastilliage centre piece. These books give you the techniques, all with step by step colour pictures, so even the home cook can achieve great results. There is a great resource of suppliers for the special equipment you will need for some of the recipes at the back of the books.
on 27 July 2011
In a nutshell, the illustrations are beautiful, the instructions are clear, and every project is cleverly thought out. The writers have set out to use a variety of cutters and texturisers as these are so widely available today, and explain how to use them with pictures where necessary. There are sections on sugar flowers, modelling, moulds and cutters (including how to make your own silicone moulds), American cakes,and even a section with a Japanese influence. My favourite sections are the needlework and fabric projects. There are also some recipes at the back for the icings used in the book, including one for piping in metallic colours, which I have been wondering how to do for a while. Almost every cake is a work of art(I only say 'almost' as I really wasn't keen on the baby head moulds, but that is not intended as an adverse comment upon the skill of the people who put this book together). Isn't it amazing how far cake decorating has come? As a resource I have found it invaluable.
on 3 January 2010
I'll be honest, I only bought the book as I wanted to make the peony and the library didnt have it, I havent made anything else out of it and with 3 kids may find the time by 2012, but it is worth buying to make the peony by itself, sorry its not that much help but it is a good book to look through.
on 4 September 2009
quality book, 3rd in the series, definitely advanced ideas, recommended for serious sugarcrafters. I wish there were more projects and perhaps some modern techniques and styles are missing but I'm guessing that the book takes so long to put together, it cannot keep up with new equipment etc. Not for you if you are looking for wedding cake ideas for a one off project though.
on 13 April 2011
I bought this book 3 years ago and still have call to use it today, its invaluable for anyone who is studying Cake Decorating with Lots of hints, tips and Clear, precise step by step instructions with good clear pictures to accompany each section. Highly recommend.
on 15 June 2013
I was pleased when I bought Book 1 because it was a way to revise the things I learned at school (a long time ago) and some. Books 2 & 3 were a huge disappointment because they were so old fashioned. I had thought I might keep them and use as reference into the history of sugarcraft but that would be a waste of money. I returned them. My favourite books are 'The Contemporary Cake Decorating Bible' by Lindy Smith, 'The Birthday Cake Book' by Fiona Cairns (who made William & Kate's wedding cake), and '50 Easy Party Cake's' (fantastic for childrens parties). My grandchildren love browsing the last book and so do I.
on 4 February 2013
Already being fortunate enough to have had International School of Sugarcraft Book 1 and Book 2 as presents, this had to be added to my collection.

Brilliantly written and portrayed as usual, and as always attention to details has been as fantastically executed as usual.

Anyone interested in the art of Sugarcraft should have this complete set on their bookcase as have found all 3 invaluable for my cake decoration and also my Course work.

Brilliant!!!
on 7 November 2010
Great book, really useful for people who want to learn how to decorate and for that who want to improve their skills.