5.0 out of 5 stars Read the book, had to visit myself, 26 Dec 2004
David Wells (Surrey, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I first started to plan photographing Tigers just over a year a go and wanted information regarding species and habitat. I found this new book and within minutes just knew this was the place I wanted to visit. Chris did an excellent job in capturing the magic of Ranthambhore. I had to contact him and arrange the trip of a life time. Chris not only showed me around some of the stunning areas of the Park, but introduced me to some of its very special Big Cats. I came away with over 4000 images, wonderful experiences and many new friends. I visited many of the places shown and was never disapointed as to what to expect. This book is very accurate in both its information content and in the images Chris captured through the changing seasons. Having researched many books on Ranthambhore I found this to be by far the most accurate, up to date and informative of any books that I read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tiger Forest, 27 Feb 2004
Veronica Slater (Newbury, Berks United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This beautiful book is a "must have," and one which would also make a terrific gift. Chris Brunskill's obvious passion for his subject shines through the photographs, which are, quite simply, wonderful. They are well composed, gloriously lit, capture a moment, tell a story and, together with the honest text, educate as well as entertain the reader, and create a real feel for Ranthambhore. This book will appeal to anyone interested in tigers or in good wildlife photography - and others besides, I feel sure!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sundar Bagh! Meaning 'Beautiful Tiger' in Hindi!, 22 Feb 2006
This review is from: Tiger Forest: A Visual Study of Ranthambhore National Park (Hardcover)
This is the most beautifil pictorial study of the tigers in Ranthambhore National Park. It also features a selection of wildlife found there. I am due to visit this wondrous place in March... I bought the book with the trip in mind and although I am only spending two days there it really inspired me. The phtography is excellent, the clarity and deatil is superb. It really gives an insight into the world of the magnificant tiger. The pictures of the tiger in full flight are incredible.
Well done to Chris Brunskill for taking such fantastic photographs! Champion! Turn me loose!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tiger Forest, 23 Feb 2004
This is a really superb book with wonderful photos.
Highly recommended to anyone interested in wildlife and/or India.

5.0 out of 5 stars Photographs that are close to my heart, 24 Feb 2004
Tiger Forest is an enchanting photographic record of a park in India that I also know quite well. Chris Brunskill's devotion to his subjects - Ranthambhore's Tiger population is remarkable in one so young. Those of us who are also committed to helping preserve India's Tigers and other big cats are delighted with his book, and his prowess as a photographer. The text also does justice to the whole problem of tiger conservation, and remembers to thank the 'little people' who helped him in his achievement. That is something of which I approve. My second book is devoted to the Tiger and the other big cats and the preservation of India's great wildlife parks, and it is heartening to have the next generation take up the torch. [...] may also help to encourage and educate travellers and wildlife enthusiasts.

4.0 out of 5 stars A young photographer to watch!, 25 July 2005
By A Customer
Chris Brunskill is a young and highly talented photographer quite passionate about his subject: all of the photographs within this book, almost without exception, are wonderful and some quite stunning. But the layout and the narrative are not: the narrative provides useful information but it fails to live up to the visual record. This is a self published book and Brunskill's first. It is to be hoped for his next book there is strong and effective editorial input to guide the narrative and layout, for this is a photographer whose work deserves to be widely viewed. I look forward to his next publication.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 24 Sep 2014
It was perfect, as I exspected!

Tiger Forest: A Visual Study of Ranthambhore National Park
Tiger Forest: A Visual Study of Ranthambhore National Park by Chris Brunskill (Hardcover - 30 Sep 2004)
Used & New from: £43.33