Over the last fifty years of non-fiction publishing, certain books have grown from obscurity to achieve a worldwide popularity through the sheer impact, plausibility and originality of the ideas that they contain. This book is looking set to join those titles, as it challenges the beliefs about who we are and where we come from in a plausible yet compelling way.

Questioning creationism and Darwinism, whilst taking the reader on a remarkable odyssey, drawing clear and startling analogies between new discoveries in genetic engineering and information captured on ancient artifacts. Tellinger uses scientific discovery previously ignored and links biblical stories to their original forms recorded on Sumerian clay tablets while supporting this all with captivating illustrations. Within a dense yet convincing text, the reader is never lost as the sense of each chapter and theory is related to the previous, keeping the information flowing with ease and the reader constantly engaged.

The arguments are i find compelling and clearly presented in an engaging easy-to-read style, as we discover that our DNA may have been manipulated at the point of our human creation some 200,000 years ago, to provide our maker with a less intelligent, therefore more servile species.

Challenging accepted wisdom and using the most recent research as support for his theories, Michael Tellinger treads very much his own path, yet follows in the footsteps of authors like Erich Von Daniken and Graham Hancock.

Ultimately Tellinger attempts to provide clear and grounded answers as to why the chaos, in which the modern world has become enveloped, is closely related to the secrets of ancient history.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 12 January 2014
I gave this book five stars as it is a thought provoking and in many ways a disturbing book. It answers a lot of questions about religion over the last two thousand years, especially the roman Catholic. For example, why the church suppressed scientific advancement, as well as advances in astronomy and medicine. All in all, a really good read.
on 5 June 2012
If you are already familiar with the theories of people such as Graham Hancock, Rand Flem-Ath, John Anthony West, Robert Bauval, Robert Schoch, Christopher Dunn, Colin Wilson and Zecharia Sitchin (or even Robert Charroux from 1970s) - you probably won't find a lot of new material here. But it is still a fascinating book that blends all of those theories together in one - easy to read - package and as such, it should be part of your library.

The main theory of the book states that man was created (or improved) about 200,000-250,000 years ago by the advanced species of deities/humans (old gods of "Eden") for a very specific purpose: to be a slaves: working in mines, performing hard labour for his masters while being provided with basic needs in "garden of Eden" (in a way not much has changed since those times). We also learn that the "Adam" (as a humanity) was created from the genetic pool of the advanced species of humans on Earth and a lesser evolved hominid that roamed the Earth at that time (after that, few times we were almost wipe out by various catastrophes and disasters on this planet - and each time we had to start almost from scratch).

The "Slave Species of God" will take you through the tour involving the most amazing discoveries and mysteries from our past: where do the humans come from, human genome (as a "software" program), theory of panspermia, planet X (not exactly agree with the theory that "advanced humans" come from such place - but this is just me), genetics (and flaws in our genes that cause genetic diseases), human obsession with gold, sudden emerge of civilizations such as Sumer, civilization of Indus Valley or Maya, world religions (including "mystery" of Jesus), ancient myths and many others.

Have you ever wondered why Neanderthal co-existed with Cro-Magnon pretty much at the same time in the same area? It doesn't make much sense, does it? No matter how hard orthodox evolutionists are trying to explain that. And it you look at the history of Cro-Magnon you will see that it basically outspread from East-Africa, from area around Nile, Tigris & Euphrates (even Wikipedia entry will show you that). Some intervention at this point, would actually explain that - "they" (whoever they were/are) simply improved our species sometime in the past and Cro-Magnon suddenly appeared in that area (and at this point Neanderthal was simply doomed).

Have you even wondered about sudden (and not exactly fully explained) emergence of civilization about 11,000-13,000 years ago with agriculture, structured communities and domestication of animals by the "new man"? Anthropologist are perplexed by the man's virtual disappearance before the great Flood, until humans suddenly re-emerge with a new vigour in the Near East (it is also curious that this "primitive man" already possessed advanced knowledge of refining and processing gold).

The above theory (of "intervention" by advanced species) would easily explain easily some of those points.

It is probably worth mentioning at this point, that in another, slightly different book "The Legend - Genesis of Civilization", the author David Rohl is actually identifying an "Eve" (mother of all the living) with Sumerian high goddess Ninhursag and is suggesting that "Eve" actually begun her existence in human literature as "goddess" and later - because of the monotheistic tenets of the Israelite religion - she becomes humanized (p200-202, chapter 6). This kind of nicely blends that story into Michael Tellinger book, since "Eve" was a goddess and from her genetic material the improvement of human species was probably made (a bit farfetched I know, but on the other hand who knows...).

The other interesting point in the book is that we simply cannot remember our past and we are not paying enough attention to the history. This is one of the points that Graham Hancock is also making in some of his books. We simply forgot (or don't want to remember or maybe even that knowledge is hidden from us on purpose) our beginnings as a civilization. "We closed ourselves in cocoons of comfort, position our blinkers squarely on our heads and try not to step too far out of the lane of comfort". And to be honest, history does in a way, gives you some clues where "we" could be going but at the same time not always clearly answers the questions of who we are and where we come from. In my view, this book partly answers some of those questions regarding our past.

The book has 17 chapters, few photos and drawings, 2 pages of bibliography (mostly authors such as Zecharia Sitchin, Robert Bauval Graham Hancock, William Bramley, Barbara Thiering and several others) and after finishing reading it, I was wondering about several issues, some of them below (or maybe I'm just a bit farfetched with my thinking here):

-Since "they" (those advanced "humans") have been here on this planet for a very long time (after all, we can assume that they did help to create/improve "us") where exactly are they now? Are they actually still here? The book "Invisible Residents: The Reality of Underwater UFOs" by Ivan Sanderson and something simple as typing "UFO on paintings" in google suggests that they could be still here (and the most obvious - or should I say, logical - choice for a "hiding place" would be underwater)
-Was "water of life" or a "fountain of life" a combination of "stem cells" technology and something that "fixes" telomerase and improves telomeres?
-Our technology is slowly catching up with the technology that "they" had long time ago. What happens if it actually catches up? Will "they" allow something like this to happen (assuming that they are still here) or will they simply try to wipe "us" out before that happens? What happen if in 50-100 years our technologies will surpass theirs? Would "they" allow that?

I'm sure there are plenty of other points to discuss, but this is probably not the place to do so. Anyway, this is a great book, and acceptable research, binding together various different theories in one nice and easy to "digest" package. I don't agree with some of the points in the book, but I agree with the main on: that sometime in the past something has happened to "us", and "improved/created" our species (for good or bad) in a very rapid (and unexplained by orthodox scientists) way. Read it with a little bit open mind. I don't think you will be disappointed.
on 8 August 2010
It depends on your background as to how you receive the information in this book. The title may well freeze off any traditionalists right away. Although the core message does not contain so many ground-breaking concepts to those who have been mining this seam already, (OK, pun intended to those that have read the book), it does consolidate and clarify a myriad of current theories. It embraces many aspects of history, religion, mythology, archeology, biology and notably the Sumerian cuniform texts to calibrate our origins genetically, spiritually and chronologically.
For anyone with an enquiring mind I would recommend this book as a companion to Bruce Lipton's "Spontaneous Evolution". Where he takes similar themes and focuses it forward to our destiny, Michael Tellinger takes them and focuses squarely on our origins. It reveals and explains a lot. It is particularly apposite to our current predicaments.
It's an easy read too, the style is direct and transparently human. I think you ought to read it.
on 10 March 2015
This is a very important book in the AAT lore. On the positive side i would say it is very insightful, many interesting passages, I believe Tellinger got it right in so many ways, tackled the several evidences and problems of our ancient world and contemporary as wel, giving an overdose of examples. Still I found myself finding many problems with his research, one of them is taking Sitchin literally in almost everything and it shouldn't take literally in all points. Also on the part of criticizing religion he goes wild on Judaism and Christianity, but leaves Islam almost intact even considering the Quran fierce, perhaps he didn't want to be seen as hateful, but to me that is a trap, that has been granting religious violence going unchecked today by the ones who are actually practicing at large.
I believe it is a must read anyway.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Once I started this book I couldn't put it down until I had finished it!
The book is a real eyeopener and makes you think twice about everything that you have been brought up to believe! Prepare to be shocked!
on 29 July 2015
There is no other writer who more eloquently and persuasively sets out the evidence for the existence of an ancient, unknown, lost civilization. He uses the Bible and other documented sources to support the view that Mankind is not the product of uniformitarian evolution, but has instead been genetically engineered by this other civilization. I have been studying this subject for thirty years and have come to similar conclusions. Michael Tellinger is to be congratulated on his courage. His book is a superb read, but more importantly it is probably right. Everyone should read it.
on 2 July 2013
This book is absolutely outstanding. If you are even slightly interested in where we all came from you should ensure you read this book. The bottom line for me is that there is no `missing link` in the evolutionary chain between ourselves and the last hominoid. Darwin, to his credit, said that unless we found this `missing link` his theory of human origins was incorrect. But it is not just a `missing` link it is a whole chain! Yet the `experts` are so keen to preserve their own erroneous point of view and evolutionary theory is accepted as fact, and taught as fact. Once you accept that there is no missing link, and we are not therefore related to these earlier bipeds you then realise that there is only one other explanation for our presence here on this planet- someone else intervened! This book produces earth shattering conclusions at regular intervals and is a gripping read, more enthralling than any work of fiction.

On a different note please be careful when choosing a book. One of Michael Tellinger`s books is entitled `Slave Species of God`, and subtitled `The Story of Humankind`, (published 2005). A second book is entitled `Slave Species of the gods` (a small but crucial distinction here I feel), and subtitled `The Secret History of the Anunaki and Their Mission to Earth`, (published 2012). THESE BOOKS ARE THE SAME BOOK! Please don`t make the same (disappointing) mistake I did.

Whatever you do buy a copy of this book and read it - I don`t think you`ll regret it.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 19 July 2014
This book contains some interesting ideas but as it's the first I've read on this subject I'm not sure how much is original and how much borrowed, because he doesn't provide references. What I can say is that, this is not a book of academic or any other kind of rigour. Tellinger keeps making claims that aren't supported even within the text, and at times feels very irrational. The argument that Jesus was a 'cunning plot' devised by the 'god' Enlil is very desperate and confused. The author has some basic problems understanding what evolution actually is, and there are no footnotes or references to any of the sources he so heavily relies on. I am critical not because I am resistant to the overall thesis, but this can't be regarded as a serious contribution. I think the subject is fascinating, so it's a real shame this book disappoints. He also takes the Bible extremely literally without taking into consideration the various translations that would impact on his conclusions. Plus, he makes some very dubious statements about the races as we know them. All in all a brilliant effort and very thought provoking but I would urge any readers to be aware that his sources, methods and conclusions are sketchy at best. I hope there are some better books out there on this subject.
on 15 April 2015
Interesting read. The author does overwork some ideas - could have been written in half the number of words! Repetitive in places, but glad I read it.