‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful gifts on every page!, 12 Feb 2014
Mrs Sheila C Jones (Beckenham, Kent Great Britain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: One Minute Meditation (Paperback)
This book is a real treasure. Easy, accessbile language and deep insights that remain with you throughout the day to ponder and savour. Each page is a surprise with a gift for those who are open to receive. I'm really enjoying these bite-size reflections and the way Simon writes. He is a relatively new discovery for me and I shall be very interested in exploring his other titles on offer. This is a delightful book and I highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars pauses to guide your life, 9 Feb 2014
This review is from: One Minute Meditation (Paperback)
I love this book because it makes me stop and reflect. It's not something to race through, nor would you want to. I am still enjoying it, and need time just sit with the meditations. Here's how I read it, I just flick through and very often exactly what I need is on the open page. I try to let the words settle and then after a while move off and do something hoping that the words at some level remain with me throughout the day. Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: One Minute Meditation (Paperback)
Like Simon's other books, I have found this very enjoyable and stimulating I liked the " Introduction" with the suggestion to " use one a day" Hopefully, using it will help me to do the same with all the rich and varied events and people I meet each day.............to pause, reflect,rejoice and grow

5.0 out of 5 stars How does he do it ?`, 6 Feb 2014
This review is from: One Minute Meditation (Paperback)
I'm a big fan of Simon's writing (and his retreats) so was keen to read his latest book. A 'one minute' 'meditation' seemed like such a contradiction I admit to having my doubts, but I shouldn't have worried!
There is a great depth to all of Simon's work; real depth that often stops you in your tracks. I think that's why this book is a success. A quick read on the train or at the office can really have an impact on your day. I like to go back to the meditation a couple of times a day, say lunch, early evening and before bed. You get a little more each time.

Simon's writing is very approachable. It's not complicated or preaching. Because I've met Simon, I can 'hear' him (his phrasing etc) when I read this book. If you think you'd benefit by giving the book a voice, there are some videos of him on youtube etc. This one[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars A real treasure, 1 Feb 2014
This review is from: One Minute Meditation (Paperback)
One minute is such a good idea. It is all many people can manage as they hurtle through the day. But doing the meditation early means it can come back to mind time and again - waiting at traffic lights, boiling a kettle, brushing one's teeth? And Simon's meditations are inspiring/comforting/thought provoking... A real treasure!

5.0 out of 5 stars Give yourself some peace of mind, 1 Feb 2014
This review is from: One Minute Meditation (Paperback)
This book is another little gem from Simon Parke, and having dipped in and out of the various meditations / reflections I now couldn't be without it! Meditation sometimes conjures up images of something that highly evolved spiritual types of people do, but seriously this is a book for all and doesn't need anything special other than 60s , literally 60s of time out. For me that has included reading a page instead of my usual metro or standard on way to work and yesterday I fished out page while queuing at bank in my lunch break. And just that little bit of time out brought a little peace and quiet to my mind , and helped deal with the stresses of the day.
The book is a series of reflections that make you look at life in a profoundly different way.
Be kind to yourself and give this book a try, I don't think you'll regret one bit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guy.. great book..., 1 Feb 2014
This review is from: One Minute Meditation (Paperback)
Simon always touches the soul.. he is truly an earth angel and has been put on this earth to help people.

5.0 out of 5 stars One Minute Meditation - Simon Parke, 31 Jan 2014
This review is from: One Minute Meditation (Paperback)
In reviewing this book, I found myself saying 'oh, that's just it' or 'that's exactly it or 'so some one else thinks like me - that more than OK'! I have not a favourite yet although 'The love of a thing unknown' and 'Breathing' are currently vying to become that. Thank you Simon Parke - you've captured my mind again! Early Christmas present, anyone?! And even I can't say I can't find a minute - the 'trouble' is that it stays with me all day - thank goodness. An oasis of sanity in this full life.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is a gift, 29 Jan 2014
This review is from: One Minute Meditation (Paperback)
I think this book is brilliant. Each 'one minute' meditation is so simple and yet resonates deeply with me, taking me to a sense of self and place beyond myself - if I let it. Thank you Simon Parke.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is indeed a little gem!, 20 Jan 2014
This review is from: One Minute Meditation (Paperback)
I am truly enjoying the experience of One Minute Meditations. Simon's meditations are so important in today's busy and stressful world that they certainly do act as gentle reminders to slow down and take time to pause.At the beginning of the book Simon writes about both meditation and contemplation as being part of one's journey with it and certainly each page has lead me easily into doing both without any effort. The book has the ability to reach alot of people because of its simple execution and ability to touch a place deep inside.I look forward to continuing my journey with One Minute Meditations.In my view it is indeed a little gem!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

One Minute Meditation
One Minute Meditation by Simon Parke (Paperback - 6 Jan 2014)
9.99