5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny, 4 Aug 2013
Being married to a runner I could identify with many of the illustrations in this book. A perfect gift for any long-suffering runners partner.

4.0 out of 5 stars A mirror for us runners, 4 Aug 2013
This review is from: You know you are a runner: 1 (Paperback)
I liked this book. Good comedy works through recognition and there is plenty for us runners to recognise in this book of one-liners. There are examples for the female as well as the male runner and many of them are very close to the bone. My favourite was the runner who didnt care about the spit hanging off his chin. Sad but true. Funny illustrations complete the fun. I recommend this as a gift or a mirror.

4.0 out of 5 stars Present for a keen runner, 23 Dec 2013
This review is from: You know you are a runner: 1 (Paperback)
I bought this book as a secret Santa present for a female club runner. She opened it up and started laughing and agreeing with each picture.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 5 Feb 2014
This wee book was so funny, I had to share it with my running friends. The only down side was that it was too short and over in 10 minutes. MORE PLEASE!

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny, True but too short, 23 Oct 2013
As a runner I found all these drawings and comments to be absolutely true and I chuckled my way through the book, my only regret was that it wasn't long enoough

4.0 out of 5 stars Amusing book, 6 Aug 2013
This review is from: You know you are a runner: 1 (Paperback)
This is what I would call a comic style book, consisting of 40 cartoons, each one drawn to illustrate a particular amusing trait that distinguishes runners from normal people, and yes I recognised myself in some of the illustrations. This is the first in a series of books to be published, in the `You Know You Are A' series, written by Richard McChesney, himself a runner, who used to compete for the Surrey based club, Stragglers, but is now based in New Zealand where he is the event director for the Lower Hutt Parkrun. Reading through the book made me chuckle, sometimes aloud, as each cartoon revealed something that I and many of my fellow runners will recognise about our own peculiarities, or those of other runners we know. The cartoons themselves are well drawn by Brighty (Steve Bright) and Brock (Robert Brocksmith) who are both UK based professional cartoonists.

I enjoyed reading it and I was amused as I paged through it. This is just the sort of book I would buy as a stocking filler for a friend who was either a runner or married to a runner.

4.0 out of 5 stars You Know That You're A Runner, 4 Aug 2013
Overall I enjoyed this book very much. I had to laugh as I could see myself reflected in some of the scenarios and I could match other pages to people in my running group. Very funny.

The drawings are excellent, very high quality and capture what the words are conveying very well.

I was given this book because I'm a runner and I'm sure it would be well received by any runner, be they male or female because they will see themselves humourlessly portrayed.

You know you are a runner: 1
You know you are a runner: 1 by Richard McChesney (Paperback - 18 July 2013)
4.99