on 18 December 2011
I bought this book thinking the info would be useful but expecting to have to slog through it a little bit.....so I was surprised by how much I enjoyed reading it. It was an easy read and the author has a warm, relaxed, straight-to-the-point, conversational style (which is usually what most of these books are missing...and why I don't usually like reading them). Far from being a strict prescriptive guide to all the things you know you should be doing....but don't want to, this is a book that sets you up with mindset - which is the best place to start - and explains to you why and how to make changes rather than just what changes to make.

I read it just for a health overview, especially around nutrition, but after reading it I find myself better understanding why I should exercise...and feeling more motivated to do it...and actually doing it! And considering I haven't exercised in years that is a pretty big feat.

I love the exercises in the book but I wish there were more, or even a couple of pages of checklists to keep track of changes you've made initially (while you settle into them). Otherwise this is the perfect book for someone like me - who wants to take better care of myself (and not just around nutrition and exercise) but doesn't want to read a boring book on the topic. I'll definitely be dipping in and out of this book again.
on 3 December 2011
I loved reading this and finished it within 3-4 hours on the train reflecting over each point made (you can probably finish it in 2 hours easily but i read slower than most). Its nothing OTT or over-complicated, its 77 steps you can add to your life to help not only change mind-set, but your health and physique. As a person who wants to become a personal trainer I found this an excellent read! I loved reading everything, the stuff i did know, and I loved even more reading the stuff that I didn't. The book is split into two sections makjing up 77 points. The first focussing on mindset and harnessing the positive potential that we all have inside us and the second section is connected with Nutrition and exercise. All simple points but put into practice will provide an excellent change in your life.. I've already applied some of the changes 5 minutes after reading... this book can change your life for the better! :D :D
on 2 February 2012
At last a book that doesn't promise any quick fixes, but gives common sense practical pointers! Think of it as a tool box that you can use to make minor adjustments and be surprised at the major benefits you see. If you feel you are ready to make a change and need something to nudge you in the right direction, then read this77 Ways to Reshape Your Life: Rapidly Get the Body and Life You Always Thought You'd Have!
on 12 November 2011
I received this book late last night and couldn't go to sleep without finishing it!

Having completed James Duigan's clean and lean plan recently, most of the nutrition content was not new and things I am already doing. However, what Jean-Pierre deals with in his book upfront is something that is crucial for anyone wanting to reshape any aspect of their life- your mindset!

This book works because it is simple to read, yet practical and has you implement small changes as you read. Before going to bed last night, I did a mini-workout and this morning I resisted the temptation to cheat with my breakfast choice. This is a book I will dip in and out of regularly and carry around with me.

While none of the information was revelatory for me, it's not knowing that makes the difference, but taking action... and this book helps you act!
on 5 June 2012
So often with any subject, we overcomplicate things.

This neat little publication is different though. It gives you the framework to start making positive changes, a little of the technical information you will need - and a huge boost of inspiration to get going. Which is all most people, stuck on their couches, really need.

As an industry insider myself it's great to read a book that doesn't fall into the usual calorie counting, fat phobic, extended cardio non-sense I see and hear about every day. The author has bypassed the dead ends that most gym goers find themselves languishing in and has headed straight for the greener pastures that are much more rewarding. (Ever wondered why most gym goers never achieve their goals? The answers are all in this book!)

This book could save a lot of people a lot of time and frustration.

Another plus point is that JP knows his nutrition. It's clear he hasn't bought into the usual government-approved advice that has led to an obesity epidemic in the UK over the last 20 or 30 years. His message is simple: Eat natural foods and avoid processed carbs, sugar and other harmful, modern additives.

What's also clear is that de Villiers is a man who doesn't separate fun and training into two different parts of his life. His insistence on variety and the way he describes incorporating his love of martial arts into his work out must make him great to work with. I don't live in London but, if I was looking for someone to give me a serious kick start but have a lot of fun on the way, this is the man I would call.

Instead I shall have to content myself with re-reading this book every now and again to keep motivation levels high and checking I'm not making any of the cardinal mistakes he identifies so well!
on 13 February 2012
I have just taken an hour out of my day for me and relaxed in the bath whilst reading this book from cover to cover. I loved it. Have come away feeling really inspired and motivated but at the same time have a really nice feeling of inner calm and acceptance. I esp loved the page about our lives being a ROLLERCOASTER and needing to know that as well as the highs not lasting forever that likewise the lows also don't last forever. Good practical, no nonesense advise . Just wanted to say Thank You to Jean- Pierre De Villiers for helping making my day a GREAT one.
on 19 January 2012
This book is the quick-fix survival guide to getting fit. It empowers the reader to take control of their life if they are truly serious about getting fit, the book enlightens and encourages the reader to pay as much attention to their mindset, diet and gym regime in order to achieve their desired goal of a healthier body.

I found the book to be a simple read which is GREAT! This made the book easy to digest and implement into my life and I would recommend it anyone wishing to kick start 2012 and start living a healthy life style.

by J.Simpson
on 2 February 2012
This is a one of a kind book, because not only does it tell you how to make your body healthy, it also teaches you how to have a healthy mind. Jean-Pierre takes you through 77 practical (and sometimes controversial!) steps, to get the body and mind you always wanted. Steps 58 and 71 are our favourites!

This book is easily digestible in 3-4 hours, but if you seriously take into consideration each of the steps, and more importantly put them into action, it will last you a lifetime!
on 23 December 2011
This is the best tool for someone, like me, who is looking for ways to maintain the right mindset and stay on track with challenging fitness goals. It fits easily in a coat pocket or handbag but is packed with motivational gems which are guaranteed to have you fired up every time you turn a page. I carry it around and dip in whenever the willpower starts flagging. Ideal for crowded train journeys, short coffee stops or waiting in queues. This little book will enable you to transform those wasted minutes into a productive mental workout which is guaranteed to have you itching to get back to the gym. Oh yeah!
on 30 April 2012
A breeze to read 77 ways to reshape your future and be who you indeed want to be. Love it to bits. A great mind and body diet as Jim Rohn would say. So much so a highly recommend one from me as it left on the increase. Take the first step and you will thank me for helping you to make a positive difference in your life. Met JP personally and what a humble and genuine guy to hang around with. Yes get your copy and enjoy the journey to reshape your life and be the one you can be.