on 15 August 2013
Peter I would like to thank you so much for your books an content on this website. Last year I got a D in philosophy and ethics(E in ethics a2 and D in philosophy a2 and c's in the as') I bought your books in March but did not start revising until the last week in April) Yes I left it late due to other resits, but I took your every advise and worked hard for the next month, Having received my results this morning I got 83% (a) in as ethics 82% (a) in a2 ethics and 77% (b) in a2 philosophy. I now wish I took as philosophy as well but I am so thankful for your help as I obtained an overall grade B. So to anyone who knows they will be taking a gap year or if you are preparing for U6 buy Peter's books and look over every example paper and analyse all the content as advised too and I am sure your results will be better than mine.
on 28 June 2014
In my opinion it doesn't properly explain most of the concepts. Scattered throughout the book are words printed in bold, black typeface that confuse rather than clarify. If you are looking for discussion, amplification and several different examples, than I think you will not find them here.
on 4 April 2014
I feel bad posting this review because the author's website (philosophicalinvestigations) is a great free resource, and he seems like a nice guy.

I used these revision guides for AS last year and really liked them. Unfortunately, this year, they're not great. The level of detail is not sufficient for A2, and there's a lot of mention of relatively unknown philosophers (I've never seen Ahluwalia mentioned anywhere before) at the expense of more well known ones.

My advice would be to get a proper textbook for RS and make your own shorter notes, because this book doesn't explain the concepts that well.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse