Food from an Irish Garden: The Good Life at Hunters Lodge
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:£15.00+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 10 January 2014
Fiona Dillon is the real deal, she takes us on her journey from leafy suburb to her country home where she explains in a practical way how she lives her self sufficient life with her family.
This book is of interest to anyone considering rearing animals or growing food at any level, from a few potatoes in the garden, to a couple of chickens to pigs or even bees with recipes for baking and jam making.
There's plenty of inspiration in this book whether you live in an apartment or a farm.
The book isn't heavy going and there's the added benefit of being able to engage with Fiona at [...] where you can ask her questions in person.
on 10 January 2014
I mean the TV series, not people who want to drip in diamonds... Fiona Dillon is a former city slicker who settled into the tranquil Irish countryside and started a journey into self-sufficiency. She knew nothing about growing food, rearing animals or any of the skills that makes one self-sufficient. But she learned. This book documents her journey and should inspire and encourage you to do at least one thing at home: whether it's growing your own herbs or keeping hens, you can do it. Food From An Irish Garden : The Good Life at Hunters Lodge is a must have book.
on 14 January 2014
The highest accolade I can give Fiona's book is that after reading it I ordered vegetable beds for my garden! Fiona explains everything so well that I fell confident that, with her help, I will be harvesting my own vegetables this summer.