Format: Hardcover|Change

on 19 January 2016
Great book. If you are stuck on how to even start decorating a room/house then this book gets you on the right track. Takes you through step by step so that the whole task doesn't become too overwhelming. We have just extended our house so this book tells you where to start (hallway) and how to start making connections with other rooms. Her design style isn't my taste, too beige and hotel foyer for my liking. The illustration are of her past clients houses so no expense spared. However she refers to them from a design perspective and shows how she has put theory into practise. She doesn't tell you what colours to use but more how to use them. Fab book, found myself reading it page to page rather than as a reference book.
on 7 August 2015
Nice book but all of the pictures look like they've been taken in mansions! Would be nice to see a few pics of the inside of some more realistic size rooms! Overall some nice ideas and inspiration!
on 13 February 2014
I have several Kelly Hoppen books and I think this is definitely the best. Lots of ideas and beautiful rooms. The rooms have clearly cost lots of money, but there are loads of ideas to steal to get 'the look' . Highly recommended!
on 31 May 2014
I already own one Kelly Hoppen book so this was a must, it does go over some old ground with the same pictures in her previous book however the hints and tips on colours etc make this book worth while. If you get one good tip it's worth every penny considering the costs to re-decorate and the potential to very expensive mistakes.
on 13 May 2014
For anyone familiar with the Kelly Hoppen style this book is very much true to her brand and well worth a read. For those unfamiliar with her style it's a classic look of muted neutral tones but in no way bland due to her inclusion of textures and key pieces to define the look and add accent
on 30 March 2015
for a beginner, this is brilliant. Not too technical but enough info to help you feel more confident about getting started on a big project.
on 16 November 2014
This book is full of inspiration and practical advice illustrated with many beautiful pictures and written in a clear and descriptive way.
on 30 July 2014
This book more than lives up to its promise of a design masterclass. It takes a small number of homes and explains clearly, step by step, exactly how the finished results were achieved. When first flicking through the book, my husband's and my reactions were 'wow'. All the rooms looked stunning. After carefully studying the book and the photos, I have gone from being totally stuck with how to complete our house following a full renovation to knowing exactly what to do. All building work is already finished but our home is just a blank canvas without much furniture, lights or accessories. My only regret is not finding this wonderful book before commencing work. It would have saved huge amounts of time and some money, particularly with the lighting design and the colour scheme - two areas I struggled with, even with an architect on board. Thank you, Kelly Hoppen, for sharing your knowledge and experience. I feel as though I have learnt so much and I am very grateful.
on 7 September 2014
Lots of inspiring ideas although some large and expensive projects but with a little imagination can be incorporated into smaller project would definitely recommend this book.
VINE VOICEon 7 January 2016
Love this book, has everything I need for a big design project or a smaller scale project.