Published 21 months ago by Carol 'avid little bookworm'

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Very funny. Nice drawings. It might be too short.
Published 4 months ago by thegraywolf

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS BOOK IS AN ABSOLUTE MUST FOR ANY PUG OWNER................., 10 Feb 2013
Carol 'avid little bookworm' (LEEDS, Yorkshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: A Pug's Guide to Etiquette (Hardcover)
or even better for anyone aspiring to being owned by one of these delightful little creatures. I felt that Gemma Correll was describing my own gorgeous little Pug, Mollie, 100%! She has just had twin puppies, one of which we are keeping, and I will insist to anyone wishing to own the other, that they must purchase this book to ensure they know quite what they are letting themselves in for!

Absolutely everything about this book is fabulous; from the name, the pug illustrations to the prose describing pug behaviour and protocol; with such wit, I quite literally chuckled my whole way through it.

It's a short book, taking only half an hour to read from cover to cover, which is hard-backed and has the same illustration on the hard back as on the dust cover. But I know I'll pick this up and read through over and over again, in fact it will live on or in my bedside cabinet. I was positively giddy whilst reading, this book could not have been written by anyone other than a pug owner.

I was extremely lucky to receive a copy of this book from the publishers Cico Books, whose service was superb, but that has no bearing whatsoever on my five star review. At just under £10.00, and considerably less on Amazon, this makes the ideal gift ~ I know a few friends who will be receiving this book as `thank you' gifts or stocking fillers. Let's face it what can you buy these days for under a tenner, especially of this quality. HIGHLY RECOMMEND! :o)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pug-ness extraordinaire, 23 Feb 2013
This review is from: A Pug's Guide to Etiquette (Hardcover)
As a pug owner of over five years now to sisters Violet and Daisy, I can honestly say that this book by Gemma Correll is the most honest portrayal of pug life of any I've ever seen. 'A Pug's Guide to Etiquette' had all of us laughing as we'd read a few pages, point at our pugs and then laugh again. Seems that all pugs are alike, and truly are the funniest breed of dog. No other dog that we've ever owned has seemed more like a human in dog form. Her drawings are wonderful, very simple and clean. And the expressions on her pug faces are spot on. I love this book.

Yes, our dogs lick the air, stand between/on our feet, shed endlessly, have feet that smell of popcorn---though we think ours smelled a bit like tortilla chips as well.

Correll takes from real life by using her own pugs as inspiration. And really, that's the only way to do it since I had no idea pugs were so adorable and addictive until we got ours. Pug owners truly are kindred spirits. Nobody else can really get it.

Thank you Gemma Correll for telling the world how glorious pug ownership is. After this book gets out in public we might just experience a pug shortage.

More of Gemma's delightful work can be found at her website at GemmaCorrell.com.

(I received this book free to review from CICO books)

5.0 out of 5 stars A pug's guide to etiquette, 25 Jan 2013
This review is from: A Pug's Guide to Etiquette (Hardcover)
A lovely, quirky little book that is well illustrated. Doesn't take long to read but captures the 'essence' of pug accurately, this could have been describing our pugs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Every Pug owner should read this!!!, 24 Jan 2013
This review is from: A Pug's Guide to Etiquette (Hardcover)
If you own a Pug, then this book will have you laughing out loud! The lovely illustrations and the witty sentences have the Pug's character down to a tee! Recommend to everyone that loves a Pug!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pug-a-licous, 28 Jan 2013
This review is from: A Pug's Guide to Etiquette (Hardcover)
I was given this as a gift and I LOVE it. It's perfect, Gemma Correll sums up the majestic pug with great humour and accuracy. I highly recommend to all pug lovers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pugs rule!, 26 Feb 2013
This review is from: A Pug's Guide to Etiquette (Hardcover)
If you own a Pug, you will love this book. It sums up everything we love about these snorting, cuddly dogs and it confirms what you already know - they have complete control over you!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all puggie owners :), 15 Feb 2013
FennyFenny (Great Britain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Pug's Guide to Etiquette (Hardcover)
Could not wait for this book to be delivered, hilarious, wished it was longer! Thought she was describing my own little puggie Betty. I hope Gemma has a second book in the writing :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Its BRILLIANT!!!, 27 Jun 2013
This review is from: A Pug's Guide to Etiquette (Hardcover)
I just bought this for a friend, a fellow Pug lover. The illustrations are SO DAMN CUTE! I've asked for it for my birthday too! Perfect for any Pug lover!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pug lovers will love this!, 23 Jun 2013
This review is from: A Pug's Guide to Etiquette (Hardcover)
Fantastic book perfect for an pug owner or pug lover! Everything in this book can be related to if u own a pug!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and very funny!!, 20 Jun 2013
L. LUMM (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Pug's Guide to Etiquette (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my Mum as she had a pug when she was younger and all our family are mad about pugs!
Mum couldn't believe how realistic everything was in there like the "head tilt"!
My favourite part was the bit about feeling sorry for ignorant rude people who say things like their face is ugly... grrr!!
The illustrations are brilliant and it's a fantastic book for anyone who loves pugs and wants to relive it again!!
The book came quickly too so that's great!

A Pug's Guide to Etiquette
A Pug's Guide to Etiquette by Gemma Correll (Hardcover - 14 Feb 2013)