Format: Paperback|Change

on 30 November 2013
This is the first book in a new series called Eternal Mates, written by one of my favourite authors. I loved it!

Olivia is a character that I grew to like. I wasn't sure if I liked her at first, because she came across as a bit weak and whiny. However, she finds her backbone, and my respect for her grew. She is a human scientist, but when she meets Loren, sparks fly!

Loren is a fantastic character. He is an Elfin Prince and a fierce warrior. He is very much an alpha type male, with a strong protective streak and a huge ego to boot! I really liked this character. He has a wicked sense of humour under that armour he wears, as well as a strong code of honour.

This looks like it's going to be another fantastic series! I love the way the characters interact with each other. Loren has a best friend that I am REALLY wanting to know better! *wink, wink, nudge, nudge!* Blue sounds like a great man to know. He compliments his Prince by being the practical no-nonsense go-to guy when trouble brews. That doesn't mean that Loren is a slouch in that department, but when his emotions concerning his brother, Vail, cloud his judgment, Blue is the one to keep him grounded.
Sable is Olivia's best friend and a Hunter; one of the elite warriors working for Archangel, which is an organisation that polices the paranormal citizens living on Earth. I liked this character too, as she is most definitely feisty! Her "shoot first, take prisoners second" attitude made me smile for some unknown reason. A weird reaction, I know, but there you have it!.

The story gripped me from the first page, and I loved the way the author has created a whole new dimension to explore! When I read that Loren was Elfin, I was expecting a "Legolas" type of character. Nope! Not even close! Think beefier and (if at all possible) sexier!
The elfin world is not as thoroughly described as I would have liked, but what was described intrigued me! A realm within a realm, Loren's home is an oasis in a dark and dangerous world.
There is a cameo appearance by some familiar vampires and a succubus from the Vampire Erotic Theatre series, but it's so short if you blinked, you'd miss it! Nevertheless, I am looking forward to meeting them again in later books. There is also one similarity to the Vampire Erotic Theatre series in this one; there is a character that is seriously dangerous. Vail has been at war with his brother for millennia. However, all is not as it seems, and I am looking forward to reading his story. I'm just not sure that Snow will appreciate the competition!

Felicity Heaton has written another fast paced, sexy paranormal romance that I thoroughly enjoyed! She is on the top of my favourite authors list!

I do not recommend this book to younger readers due to the extremely HOT and explicit bedroom scenes. However, I highly recommend this book (and series) if you love sexy paranormal romances full of vampires, elves, werewolves, succubi, incubi and demons. - Lynn Worton
on 30 November 2013
'Kissed by a Dark Prince' is the first book in a new series from Felicity Heaton. I have been (not so) patiently waiting for this book since Felicity first mentioned her ideas for the series some time ago.
Set in London around the same time as the VET books, the Eternal Mates series introduces another world to explore and is full of new and interesting paranormal species - this delights me as PNR is my favourite genre!

The heroine, Olivia, is a female scientist who works with a demon hunting organisation called 'Archangel' - there she studies paranormal specimens to identify & discover more about them.
Loren, our Hero is an elf prince who mysteriously turns up literally on the doorstep of the building Olivia works in.
Waking up in a strange place, injured and out of sorts Loren needs blood to help him heal. Disoriented and with the allure of her blood too much to resist, Loren bites Olivia and a mating bond between the 2 of them starts to form.
We soon discover there are unknown, darker forces at work and Olivia & Loren meeting is more than just a coincidence........

As ever, Felicity brings us an action packed, fast paced story with a deliciously hot hero, a feisty heroine, mystery, some twists & turns, a bit of humour and a healthy dose of heat & passion.

Throughout the story we are introduced to Sable, a demon hunter who works with Olivia, and Bleu who is Loren's best friend & right hand man - I <3 Bleu and can't wait to read more about him....
There's a few other characters involved in Loren & Olivia's story new & old (see if you can spot a surprise appearance by someone from VET!! - can't wait to see who else pops up in future books!) ;-) but rather than tell you about them all I'm gonna leave you to meet them yourself - I'm really looking forward to catching up with them all in their own stories!!

I am a huge fan of Felicity's work and have loved all that I've read. Kissed by a Dark Prince is a definite 5* hit for me and I'm sure the rest of The Eternal Mates series is gonna be just as fantastic!!!

Fans of Felicity's books will love this new world - and if you haven't yet read anything by Felicity, grab yourself a copy of 'Kissed' and see what you've been missing!!!

**I received an ARC copy from the author in return for an honest review**
on 30 August 2014
ETERNAL MATES BOOK 1.

<u>Olivia is a medical scientist working for the Archangel organization. She has had traumatic dealings with Vampires and Demons in the past, but is still doing her best to help build a good relationship between humans and the supernatural beings. </u>
When a severely injured male is dumped on the doorstep of Archangel Olivia can't wait to examin him. If he is a totally different species, as she believes, she might get back in her bosses good books.
Prince Loren wakes up to find a beautiful woman examining his naked body. One taste and he knows she is his Mate. He can't let himself be distracted by her, he is too busy fighting his brother, and trying to protect his realm. Loren is weakened just by Olivia's presence. She is making him half crazy with the need he feels.
The connection between them has disastrous consequence for Olivia's workmates. This is not the first time she has brought trouble to the people of Archangel. Olivia is determined to find a way to be free of Loren, because she doesn't want to take the risk again.
This is a very exciting start to what I am sure will be a great series. The action is non stop, the sex scenes scorching HOT. Without the use of any naughty words. The secondary characters make you know you are going to read the next book just to find out what happens to them. And the fight scenes make you want to hide behind something so as not to get caught in the crossfire.
I for one can't wait to read more.
4.5 stars

I can always rely on Felicity Heaton when I'm looking for a hot paranormal romance with engaging characters and she has outdone herself with Kissed by a Dark Prince. This is the first book in her new Eternal Mates series and I'm already looking forward to getting my hands on the next book. Although this is set in the same world as her Vampire Erotic Theatre series there is currently no crossover of characters (I believe previous characters will make an appearance in the 2nd book Claimed by a Demon King though) so this can easily be read as a stand alone story.

While the VET series focuses mainly on the vampires living in the Vampirerotique theatre and their mates Kissed by a Dark Prince allows us to explore the wider world of the elves, fae and demons. It turns out that the elves are the forefathers of the vampires, the race withdrew from the human world to one of the demon dimensions when some of their members started turning dark, eventually evolving into vampires. Loren is prince of the elves and he has been at war with his brother Vain for centuries doing whatever it takes to protect his people from Vain's evil schemes. He had given up hope of finding his eternal mate but after being badly hurt and left for dead he bites Olivia, needing blood to heal his injuries, and accidentally activates the bond between them. As much as he has longed to find her for centuries he knows that Vain will use his mate against him and he doesn't want to put Olivia in harms way so feels his only option is to find a way to break their bond.

I loved Loren, he's everything you want from a hero - strong, commanding and sexy he is an alpha male who knows what he wants but thankfully he doesn't have to behave like an ass to get it. He well respected by his people and protective of them and of Olivia. One of the things I really liked about him was how he tries so hard to do right by Olivia, he goes out of his way to make sure she is comfortable and puts himself in danger so that she can remain in familiar surroundings where she feels safe. Even when he starts to develop feelings for her and wants them to complete their bond he never pressures her because he wants her to make the decision freely. That doesn't mean he won't use all the skills he has at his disposal to show her how good it could be between them though! Olivia is another character I found easy to like, she is a scientist so has a natural curiosity about Loren and the elves which makes her want to learn more about them and the dimension they have made home. I was pleased to see her making sensible choices and that she was willing to own up to her mistakes rather than automatically blaming everything on Loren.

Alongside the main couple we have been introduced to some interesting side characters that I'm looking forward to getting to know better. I have a feeling Oliva's friend Sable might be the heroine of book 2 and that things are about to get very interesting for her. She works for the demon-hunting organisation Archangel but her role is much more hands on than Olivia research background so it'll be interesting to get to see another side to them too. I loved Loren's second in command Bleu so hope we'll get to see more of him as the series continues and there is one particular male that I'm already dying to get to know better but I can't tell you his name without giving a spoiler. Kissed by a Dark Prince is a fantastic start to this new series and Claimed by a Demon King is already at the top of my wish list even though there is currently no release date and we don't even have confirmation of who the main couple will be!
on 15 December 2013
Felicity Heaton's "Kissed by a Dark Prince" (book 1 of her Eternal Mates series) is a very well written book about the Paranormal lives of Elven families, Demons, & Fae living in another realm. This book introduces us to the life of an Elven Prince Loren and Olivia, a doctor who works for the dreaded organization, "Archangel". When the book starts out - I wasn't sure where it was going until Loren bit Olivia when he awoke on her inspection table.

Olivia works for an agency of Demon Hunters called "Archangel"-most everyone there is there for a reason, because of some experience they may have encountered with a demon causing them to be traumatized in some way by the awful creatures. It seems to be a Demon hunting, and research facility. It's the type of place that you probably would never want to end up involuntarily.

Olivia's character is NOT a wimpy female lead that just automatically falls for this Elven Prince - she fights the "bond" that is trying to form between them - so much so that she is working scientifically on trying to find a "cure" to break the bond. So the insta-love factor is minimal.

I really liked Loren & Olivia and how their characters develop in the story and how their relationship develops - Felicity Heaton takes her time with their relationship and allows it to develop, so it doesn't end up feeling rushed like so many book relationships do.

Olivia's best friend, Sable is a perfect co-star for the book and is one tough bitch of a Demon Hunter. She really does kick ass in the best ways possible. Her affection for her best friend is evident.

Bleu, Loren's right hand man, is a wonderful character that does not take over any of the scenes but adds to what is going on in the story. Too many times, we see a side character become such an inherent part of the story, that it overshadows the main theme. Not so with Bleu. He does what is needed, when he's needed and adds just a little bit of something extra to the story.

Later, when more is revealed about Loren and his brother Vail - that's where the story gets very interesting . Heaton does a great job with not revealing too much too soon about Vail's situation and when Olivia is captured = Vail's story comes alive and my heart aches for him. He is damaged and it makes you really feel for his character.

Felicity Heaton has done a great job balancing the development of the characters in this book with some great ACTION, magic and some VERY steamy more intimate scenes between Loren & Olivia.

The ending did NOT leave me hanging - it tied up nicely and left me wanting more, wondering what Heaton is going to do in several of the story lines she has left open to expand and develop on. I really look forward to seeing what is still to come from this author!

I would recommend this book for anyone who enjoys reading about different races within our Paranormal Fantasy World of Elves, Demons, Fae & Vampires...no I did not mention the vampire aspect above because, again, Felicity has developed a wonderful way of how vampires came to be in her story. It is a "love" story but NOT just between the couple - it is about Family, Race & Friends...

I would gladly give this book 5 out of 5 stars and look forward to her next story.
on 10 December 2013
**Gifted to me by the author in exchange for an honest review**

"Kissed By A Dark Prince" is a paranormal story written by Felicity Heaton and devoured eagerly by readers like me.

"Olivia tracked the symbols with her fingertips, following them as they formed a curl over his deltoid to his shoulder"

Olivia works for Archangel, a demon hunting organisation. A personal choice leads to her demotion and she gets sent to work in a London based facility. When a specimen she has never encountered before ends up on her examination table, she struggles to control her excitement and her wandering eyes.

"Specimen is male, estimated six - feet - six, one hundred and eighty to two hundred and twenty pounds. Black hair."

Loren wakes up, badly beaten, to find himself in an unknown place and first sets his eyes on Olivia, and he needs fluids. Not just any fluids will do, and he drinks Olivia's blood. Loren has spent centuries battling his enemy and now has the added complication of a blood bond with a furious Olivia. Both seek a way to end the bond before Olivia gets caught in the crossfire of a fight she knew nothing about.

Elves, Vampires, witches and more come to life in this steamy, action - packed novel. Read on as Felicity Heaton's words describe a new kind of armour and a personal guard/ body guard/ mother hen called Bleu.

What I liked: I liked the way the blood bond was woven into the story and how much it played a major part in the story. I also liked the way the female's part in the bond is slightly different than normal. The characters were all very well written. I didn't come across any that looked as if they were hastily written just to fill a gap.
I loved how Loren and Olivia struggled with the blood bond and the reluctance they portrayed to continue with it although the lust filled chapters tell a different story :D
What I disliked: The fact the story ended LOL. I could have just kept reading about Loren and Olivia and the supporting characters.
on 9 December 2013
This is the first of Ms Heatons new Eternal Mates series and not to be missed by her fans and new readers alike. Chock full of her usual trade mark sensual paranormal characters and a really interesting storyline for readers to lose themselves in.
This story is set in the same time period as her erotic Vampire Theatre series but with the addition of amazing elves and one elf in particular , the absolutely panty wetting gorgeous Loren. He's no ordinary elf forget those wrapping presents but imagine instead one over six feet tall with lickable ears and a very hot body! The fact that he's a dark prince with tons of attitude just adds to the fun. Full of ego this warrior finds himself needing help and getting it from an unexpected quarter.
Olivia is human and works as a scientist for the demon hunting organisation known as "Archangel" . Loren has been severely injured and it's Olivia's job to discover his secrets. What she wasn't expecting was for the huge Fae warrior to wake up and bite her! Feeling confused and disorientated when he wakes up Olivia's blood calls out to Loren and it's a call he cannot ignore. Realising that she's his mate Loren has to continue fighting for his homeland whilst fighting the draw he feels for Olivia. Loren will do absolutely anything for his people as it's his duty but what about his growing feelings for Olivia? Danger is closer than they realise and it's entirely possible that they are both about to get burned as the heat between them is explosive. Loren wants to protect Olivia but is he the real danger to her?
Love love love this book. It's an absolutely fabulous beginning to this new series by this hugely talented author. Yet again Ms Heaton has written a tale that is spellbinding and full of mystery and intrigue but has at it's core an emotional connection that just tugs the reader in. Good guys, bad guys and a heroine that just grows on you. The chemistry between Loren and Olivia is pure dynamite and I can't wait to read the follow up to this . Definitely recommended
on 2 December 2013
I was offered an ARC copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review and all opinions stated are my own.
This is the first book in Ms Heaton's new Eternal Mates series. It is set in the same world as her Vampire Erotic Theatre series, but where that series of books was pretty much confined to the theatre, this explores the larger world.
Our hero Loren is an elf prince thousands of years old, Elves being the ancestors of the modern vampire. He is engaged in a battle that has lasted millennia with his estranged brother and arrives broken and bloodied on the doorstep of a research facility that investigates paranormals.
Enter our heroine Olivia. She works at the facility and investigates him.
In his desperate state Loren bites her, realising from her blood that she is his destined mate. This triggers a sequence of events that pulls them both into danger.
I really liked Loren. He was a endearingly stuffy and old fashioned, but for someone who's been around for so long I guess I'll let him off with that. He feels that it is unfair to drag Olivia into his dangerous life but is very protective of her.
Olivia is a very good heroine. She has had things happen in her past that have made her wary but she has inner strength and I love the way that she can see the good in things that others have given up on. She is not afraid to stick to her guns and stand up for what she believes in.
Add to this high emotion, romance, tension and lots of action it makes for an excellent package.
Also a cameo from some of the VET characters. I won't tell you where. You will have to look out for it ;0)
I read this book in one sitting and thoroughly enjoyed every minute. It is a brilliant start to a new series with the introduction of lots of new exciting characters that I'm sure will feature later on in the series.
Highly recommended. I can't wait for the next book.
on 1 December 2013
An exciting new series by the talented Felicity Heaton we are introduced to a World of different Species and let me tell you they're are HOT!!

This is the first book in the Eternal Mates Series This book is about A dark Prince called Loren who is an Elf and Prince of his Kingdom, he's a rather HOT 6 foot Hunky Elf ( pointed Ears too)! Yum. He has been attacked and more or less left for dead outside the Organisation called Archangel, the organisation specialty is research on Demons, Fae and other Species.

Olivia is a High Ranking Scientist / Doctor and works for the organisation, apparently she's previously made a mistake which she is now paying for and has been demoted of her High level Ranking, she's been sent to London to do research at the facility, (even though its already been extensively done) she's not happy and knows she's being punished.

The Story draws you in as do the characters Loren is a Hottie, and Oliver is a strong Woman with a Heart of gold she loves to gain as much information as she can about all the different types of Species, and the chemistry between them is explosive.

There are some funny elements too that made me chuckle, lots of action in the Romance Dept.and in Battle, and there are some other really Hot sexy Males.

This book contains all of the wonderful elements of a Paranormal Romance that Felicity writes,one Hunky Prince Elf, One Hunky seriously Sexy second in command, one gorgeous" Human" Woman leading Lady and her co-worker a kick ass Demon Hunter and throw in a tainted & tormented Brother and an Evil Witch, what more could you ask.

I received an ARC of this book for an Honest review.

Waiting patiently for the next book out in this series, well done Felicity really loved this new and exciting series. Roll on book 2

This book gets 5 Stars from me (that's not unusual for me I love Felicity's books)

If you love Paranormal Romance and love lots of different Species then you will definitely love this New Series.
Felicity Heaton writes lots of Paranormal Romances involving Vampires, Werewolves, Succubus, Witches and the list goes on and on its endless but all so worth the read, so if you've not read any of her books go check them out you won't regret it.
on 30 November 2013
KISSED BY A DARK PRINCE is the introductory storyline in Felicity Heaton's new paranormal romance Eternal Mate Series focusing on the supernatural world of the Fae, Elves, Demons and much more. This is Olivia and Loren's storyline-Loren is the Elven Prince and Olivia is his human bond mate.

The storyline focuses on the growing relationship between Loren and Olivia and Loren's need to bring his brother to justice. Injured and needing blood due to a battle with his evil brother, Loren will find himself in the human research centre known as Archangel where Olivia's blood will call to his inner soul. Taking Olivia's blood will begin the bonding process and what ensues is Loren's need to claim the human woman as his own.

The relationship between Loren and Olivia is interesting in that Loren is beyond possessive and jealous of any male who even remotely looks interested or twice at Olivia. This is a side effect of the bonding process and one that is not desirous from Olivia's perspective. She is still recovering from a past haunted by the supernatural and the Elven Prince's actions are similar in many ways.

There is also a parallel storyline involving Loren's brother Vail who has promised retribution for the attack against his bond mate and Loren is the primary target. As the storyline develops we learn that there is much more to Vail's sadistic attacks and maddening attempts at Loren's life. At each encounter Vail proves to be more deadlier but something or someone is holding him back.

Because Kissed by a Dark Prince is the first in the series, there is plenty of background information as it pertains to the Elven history and the mate bonding process. We learn a little bit about several of the supernatural species that will play a role in future storylines as well as the introduction of several secondary characters including the next storyline hero-a demon king who believes he has found his mate but there is another male vying for the female's affections.

Kissed by a Dark Prince and the Eternal Mate series is pulled from the imaginative mind of an author who has the ability to draw the reader into the world of the paranormal with colorful characters, alpha males and strong female heroines. Felicity Heaton introduces the reader to a wonderful and frightening world where the supernatural cross over into the human realm and anything and anyone is fare game.

Copy supplied by the author.