5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely stuff
As an East Anglian that moved to London in 2008 and now lives in Clapham, I thought this book would be right up my alley. And I wasn't wrong.

Clapham Lights is a very funny and accessible read that I ripped through in a few days. Some of the smaller details about being a young, urban male getting a foothold in London are very evocative and can only have been...
Published 18 months ago by Jock Harrington

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable
After a slow start and a very unlikeable main character this starts to get in its stride half way through. Its hard to decide what sort of genre this sits under but I'm glad I stuck with it till the end. Be happy to read more from this author,
Published 9 months ago by mt b r thompson

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 20 Feb 2014
This review is from: Clapham Lights (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality read...made me laugh out loud. People started looking...., 24 July 2013
This review is from: Clapham Lights (Kindle Edition)
Downloaded this to my kindle for holiday and I powered through it in 2 days. It made me laugh out loud loads of times, at points waking my girlfriend up from sunbathing!

Great read where I could really identify with the characters and their situations. Would definitely give this a go.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent, light-hearted read, 17 Jun 2013
This review is from: Clapham Lights (Paperback)
A witty account of post-university, pre-crisis (credit, that is) life in SW London. A well written book, with realistic characters, it took me back to my early to mid-20s and provided several laughs in the three days I wizzed through it in!

I'd recommend giving this a read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for anyone who lived in Clapham - actually just London generally - after uni, 7 Jun 2013
This review is from: Clapham Lights (Paperback)
Really enjoyed this book. Very easy to read but well written too. Had lots of fun spotting the London places mentioned in the book! And loved the characters. Would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great first novel, 2 Jun 2013
This review is from: Clapham Lights (Kindle Edition)
Very amusing - many laugh out loud moments. Characters well drawn and likeable. It reminded me of a modern day 'Likely Lads ', a comedy from the 70s.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read., 2 Jun 2013
This review is from: Clapham Lights (Paperback)
I read Clapham Lights in just a few sittings and thought it really captured both the spirit and sense of place of crash-era London - a world of brash bankers, dodgy estate agents, and a generation of twentysomethings all living well beyond their means, mired in debt but desperate to maintain their London lifestyle. I laughed out loud a dozen or more times, which is what you want from a comic novel, and some of the blackly comic scenes were truly memorable - the funeral incident especially.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent first novel from Tom Canty, 29 May 2013
This review is from: Clapham Lights (Paperback)
Firstly and most importantly, I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. It is funny, sweet and insightful. It reads as an authentic picture of living and working in London in your 20s, straight out of university.

What I love most about the book is how the characters gradually reveal their complexities and vulnerabilities to you, much in the same way as a friend does. I always take it as a good sign that I was still thinking about the characters days after finishing the book, wondering how they were doing now (my doctor says this isn't anything to be concerned about).

I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone wanting a good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Temporarily kicked my TV habit with this book!, 27 May 2013
This review is from: Clapham Lights (Kindle Edition)
A good page turner - I was hooked from the first chapter. Looking forward to the next book by Tom Canty.

4.0 out of 5 stars Made me laugh, 16 May 2013
This review is from: Clapham Lights (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book. It's very funny and gets you emotionally involved with the characters. It reminds me of so many of my friends who found it difficult adjusting to London life after university and which makes it very easy to relate to what they're going through. Made me smile a lot. Perfect for the beach!

5.0 out of 5 stars Clapham Lights, 11 May 2013
This review is from: Clapham Lights (Paperback)
Clapham Lights is an excellent first novel. If you are a banker, a business man, a dodgy estate agent, a bank of mum and dad or just an avid reader like me it will make you laugh.
The author has a great descriptive way of writing and his play on words is very clever .Mark and Craig become very real and although you may not always approve of their behaviour you will always feel sympathy for their plight.

Clapham Lights
Clapham Lights by Tom Canty (Paperback - 25 April 2013)