Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 February 2011
I was given this book as a present because the person knew I had an interest in WW2 and the RAF. I was a little sceptical that I would enjoy it but as it turns out my scepticism was wrong. It is a good little book with lots of photos and information about something I knew nothing about. I especially love the quotes from the people involved and the documents from that time. It is a great tribute to the guys who were connected in both sea and air to the South Coast Convoys. If you are interested in the WW2 merchant navy then this book will add to your store of knowledge.
on 25 April 2012
A well researched book by an author with a wealth of knowledge about the subject matter. Various aspects of the Battle of Britain have been covered by numerous authors in recent years, often relying on what might now be considered 'known facts' rather than original research. This book reveals the flaws of such an approach, where one of the accepted facts, often repeated, is shown to be wrong.
on 22 December 2012
Interesting book, well written and with excellent photographs. If you are in interested in Military history as it was this is for you.
on 30 July 2014
I can only agree with the earlier reviews. Just to add, my grandfather, Frederick W Spencer was master of Empire Crusader so this made poignant reading adding to the family stories of his final days.
on 22 May 2014
brilliant book that i cannot put down. full of facts & history, that i did not know about. thank you & delivery ok as well.
on 19 November 2015