Format: Paperback|Change

on 10 November 2012
The good lady wife bought this. I just picked it up and found I had to finish it to see how it turned out. Zoe, mild mannered florist? Not at all dear reader for she has a curious line in revenge foods. Mostly awaiting to be dished out to cheating husbands. Let this be a warning to all would be cheaters. When your wife bakes you a surprise pie, be sure it's contents are, err, shall we say, not for canines!
I would say this book is most definitely aimed at the female market. With its combination of wine drinking, sex starved Zoe, and the dashing lawyer Darcy like Will, you just know it'll end in bedroom shenanigans. Although there is a comedy slant on the bedroom games. The author has a wicked sense of humour as she guides us through the more steamier side of being a florist!
This book would've got 5 stars, but being a man I had to dock it a star for its lack of droids, light sabres and Zulu fight scenes. All in all an interesting read which will keep you coming back for more. Just not more of Zoe's cooking! Enjoy.
on 28 January 2013
I have just read this book which was received as a present.
The Characters are really true to life but animated in a really funny way by the author.
The story is funny and heart warming and made me giggle all of the way through.
The humour can be quite dark at times although the theme is always humourous.
I can recommend this book as a great read and can't wait for the next one.
Five stars from me! :)A Dish Best Served Cold
on 28 January 2013
This is an excellent read, once I started to read I couldn't stop, didn't want to put it down.
Its a great girly story, although I do recommend it to men too as the story is funny.
I could really relate to the female lead character who is hell bent on her own kind of revenge.
I do hope Tracy writes another book as I am waiting anxiously to read it.
This book is really highly recommended, read it!
A Dish Best Served Cold
on 20 March 2014
Great characters with twists and turns. Unusual but believable storyline.....giving food for thought for those looking for revenge! Definitely worth a second read!
on 1 November 2012
Really enjoyed this book by Tracy Baxter-Syer, a good read which most of us can relate to. Glad I bought it.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse