4.0 out of 5 stars Genesis 2 Review
I have to say, I've been put off science fiction novels before now. I'm not totally sure why, though it could be because of the sort of things they have in them nowadays.
Published on 15 Feb 2005 by Sarah

3.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed the story
good concept, enjoyed the writing, will be reading more from this author. took me a good third of the book to get into it but the persistence was worth it
Published 18 months ago by Daveeth

4.0 out of 5 stars Genesis 2 Review, 15 Feb 2005
This review is from: Genesis 2 (Paperback)
But this book was great! I actually got it at a sci fi convention (and got it signed, too!) on Friday, and finished it by Monday (I'm a fast reader). This book contains much in the way of descriptions, and I wasn't left with the feeling that things hadn't been explained properly in it.
The alien race - the Gnathe - have a system very similar to a dictatorship. They are a species with three sexes - male, female, and a different sort of female, who act as the rulers, and expect to be served. The third sex are the Brood Mothers - they carry the eggs of the mated male and female, and are able to manipulate the unborn children. The Brood Mothers also choose which males and females are mated to each other.
The book actually starts with a brief description of where mankind is at that point. I won't give much away, but the starting point of the story is with a Brood Mother who sees a different way forward for the Gnathe, but is actually sentenced to death for her different way of thinking. She is in fact rescued, and she and her rescuers are aided by Kamiel, a Guardian to the humans and modified apes who are inside a sort of Habitat as the air on the world is toxic to them.
All in all, I would say that this book is definitely worth buying. It is extremely well-written, and very hard to put down once you start. I can't wait for the next one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Once started hard to put down, 9 Nov 2012
This review is from: Genesis 2: The Genesis Project (Paperback)
A fantastic roller coaster of a ride with cleaver mixes of ancient, modern & fantasy technology on an ever increasing scale.
Character & event discriptions no matter how obscure neatly fit into this fast moving volume.
A very good SF read leaving the need to seek out the rest in the Genesis series

5.0 out of 5 stars Best new sci fi author, 26 Sep 2012
This review is from: Genesis 2: The Genesis Project (Paperback)
I have read all of Barry's books. I was lucky to have met Barry several years ago at the Star Fleet Ball where he was promoting his first book in the series Genesis 2. Genesis 2 was a fantastic read. I was very impressed with Barry's imagination and the story telling within the book. I could not put it down. If you enjoy sci-fi novels then I highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars GENESIS 2 REVIEW, 3 Jan 2006
This review is from: Genesis 2 (Paperback)
one of the best sci-fi reads to date, a good mixture of fact & fiction, was very hard to put down.Looking forward to his next book.

3.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed the story, 13 Jan 2013

Genesis 2: The Genesis Project
Genesis 2: The Genesis Project by Mr Barry E Woodham (Paperback - 1 Aug 2012)
10.13