‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb read., 12 Dec 2013
Pyewacket "czarnowice" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
The time has come for Jack to be crowned King of Annwn but where have all the fairies and suchlike gone? Only one has been found alive and all she is able to tell Jack and Nora, is that a big hand came out of the sky and plucked her off her beetle who sadly died. Who is taking these creatures and who is the spy in the woods?

Jack, Nora and the wonderful but greedy Camelin the Raven, suspect Velindur of doing these nasty deeds so it is up to Nora to keep the Torc of Kingship safe until Samhain when Jack will be crowned King.

As ever, the antics of Camelin had me in stitches! He is always after food preferably other people's.

The race is now on to stop Velindur opening the Book of Sorrows before Jack is crowned. Will they manage to stop him.......the fate of all who dwell in Annwn, Elidon and the forests rests in Jack's hands.

This is primarily a childrens book but I have enjoyed all of the books right from the Golden Acorn.

Note to the Author. Surely it is Herne not Kerne who is the Antlered Deity of the woods? I am a Pagan and would have thought it would have been Herne.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Books, Kids loved the whole series, 14 Dec 2013
Waited several months in anticipation to read the final story after my girls and I read all the other books in concession. We enjoyed it immensely and would recommend the whole series. Our only disappointment is that the story has come to an end. We can only hope that Catherine Cooper might decide to write a few more stories about Jack in the future, as we would certainly read them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly dissapointed its the last book, 16 Dec 2013
Mrs. G. L. Strong (Helston, Cornwall) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Oak Lord: Book 5 (The Adventures of Jack Brenin) (Paperback)
This wonderful author and superb series has finally come to a spectacular end, and that is the problem, I could read Jack Brenin and Camelin adventures forever! Back to where it all began with a slight bump on the head ;) Bravo Catherine :)

Please note so far the series has been read on Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, i-phone kindle app and laptop app all books in excellent working order. Kindle 3 failed and the screen began to fade writing hence the upgrade :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 16 Dec 2013
What a wonderful ending to a brilliant series. There is always a slight worry when reading the last book of a series that it might disappoint however this is certainly not the case with The Oak Lord. It really does surpass expectations. So thank you Catherine Cooper for giving us such a fantastic series. I believe there will be further standalone adventures written in the future. So that will give something for all Jack and Camelin's friends to look forward to.
Highly recommend both book and author. Would give more than 5 stars if I could.

5.0 out of 5 stars A 12 year olds review, 28 Aug 2014
Fortunately the previous books I have been into and since I read the other four books this book makes sense. Also this book is one of the best books of the series as he gets crowned but I felt sorry for him when Catherine Cooper mentioned about jacks mum. Unfortunately it's the end of the series but I hope there will be more books maybe in the next one there is a new villain you never know what Catherine Cooper will write and untill I see a new book I will read all of the books from the beginning. I'm voting for a new book YAY!

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than JK, 28 July 2014
I absolutely adore this author, I hold off reading as long as I can so it lasts longer!! For me she is better than JK. The story keeps you on the edge and never disappoints. I am looking forward to reading to my grandchildren when they arrive! And I can start all over again. Catherine - don't ever stop.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, 13 July 2014
A fabulous book, which I enjoyed as much as my son. This series has kept us both interested and looking forward to the next bedtime instalment. Cameron is grumpy but so funny, Jack is very believable as a character. So sad that we have reached the end. Can't wait to read the next Catherine Cooper. Just brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Oak Lord, 10 July 2014
This book is by far my favourite one in the series. I loved it so much that I finished it in 2 nights. My favourite part was the time just before Jack's coronation. I think anyone between the age of 9 and 50 will enjoy this book, if you like fantasy fiction. I hope Catherine Cooper writes another book in the series as they are so good. I rate this book 10 out of 10 because I feel that it is the best book I have ever read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 6 July 2014
I have read all the books in this series. I wish she had done more. You can just read them on and on, they are very descriptive and it is a beautiful use of magical thing like druids and drayds and Annwn and Elidon and all sorts of other things. I would recommend this book the people that like fiction and magic. I would recommend it for people over 6+. All together an amazing series and book.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing book, 21 May 2014
I love all your books
I would recommend this book to people who love adventure

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Oak Lord: Book 5 (The Adventures of Jack Brenin)
The Oak Lord: Book 5 (The Adventures of Jack Brenin) by Catherine Cooper (Paperback - 12 Feb 2013)
6.51