5.0 out of 5 stars Best slow cooker book I have bought
I have 4 slow cooker books including the one from Hamlyn (which probably everyone has as it's so cheap) but this is by far the best. Recipes you ACTUALLY WANT TO COOK and they are real family crowd-pleasers. Perfect for winter one-pot wonders, I love it.
Published 16 months ago by J. MACDONALD

1.0 out of 5 stars Recipes not at all nice
I bought this on the basis of the preview since the author seemed to have some sensible, practical advice to offer on using a slow cooker. I've never used mine anything like to the full so I was looking forward to trying some new recipes.

What disappointed me a lot was the author's dependence on tinned food, bottles of cook-in sauces, and other such chat...
Published 16 months ago by MarmaladeQ

‹ Previous | 1 2 312 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Simples!, 19 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Slow Cooker Cookbook: Time-Saving Delicious Recipes for Busy Family Cooks (Paperback)
This was the first Slow Cooker cookbook I had read which didn't require me to brown meat or pre-cook ingredients prior to the slow-cooking process.
The reason I bought a Slow Cooker was so that most of the work was taken out of the process! Browning meat and pre-cooking seemed to be self-defeating.
Thank You, Audrey Deane! This is a "buy it, bung it in and forget it until it's cooked" book full of tasty recipes which work. To be fair, if you want to indulge in a bit more preparation, this book covers that, too.
Covers the subject comprehensively in an easy-to-read, easy-to-understand style.
Excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 3 Feb. 2014
This is a great book with great meal ideas. I got this book for Christmas and am using it almost daily at the moment. Jerk Chicken last night and Steak and Ale pie filling in the pot as I type. I was also amazed about doing lasagne in it, it works a treat and tastes amazing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best slow cooker cookbook, 19 Jan. 2015
When I got my slow cooker, I bought several recipe books and this is by far the one I have used the most. So many recipes in other books seem to require lots of preparation, which rather defeats the idea of a slow cooker in my mind (I want to just stick everything in it in the morning before I go to work). This has a complete section for just that, and all the recipes I've tried so far are simple, quick to prepare and very tasty.
Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best slow cooker book for a beginner, 8 Nov. 2013
I have tried other slow cooker books and gave up for four years, then got the slow cooker out again a bought this book, I highly recommend this book for a beginner with slow cooking, good luck

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow Cooker Cookbook, 26 Feb. 2014
As I was new to slow cooker I found this book to be just what I needed. Very clear instructions, easy to follow and some lovely recipes. I would recommend this book to any newcomer like me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes for slow cookers, 16 April 2014
I am new to slow cooking, but am really enjoying experimenting and enjoy the convenience of leaving something safely cooking away whilst getting on with other things. This great book is full of amazing and mainly easy recipes for some very tasty dishes, both savoury and sweet! We have tried the beef casserole and the St Clements pudding is amazing! Also the spanish potatoes were very easy but so delicious. Can't wait to try more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 30 Dec. 2014
Miss C. E. Crump "mosuis" (england) - See all my reviews
This book is fabulous! I've bought a slow cooker for my grandparents for Christmas and this was the perfect accompaniment. The recipes are simple enough, a reasonable font with large photographs. Making it look simple and easy to use was a great help for the wrinkleys who aren't inclined to try new things! They love it now and this recipe book certainly helped sell it to them! Thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 9 Sept. 2013
This book is brilliant. Have just cooked Hunters Chicken and my kids loved it. Even my youngest who is a fussy eater. It is a big thumbs up from them.
It is a clear, concise book, very simple, tasty recipes to put together. I am looking forward to trying a lot more. It is great to be able to get home from work and not rush around trying to sort dinner out. Very relaxed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill, 3 Dec. 2013
Excellent recipes, quick and simple. I can use food in my store cupboard without having to pay a fortune on extras. Have not used my slow cooker for a while as with other recipes you have to brown off meat, par cook veg so i just used to cook it normally in the oven, now i can throw everything in and leave it, great when you want to walk through the door and dish up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 27 Oct. 2013
What a fantastic book! So many great recipes. My 11 year old son said the ribs tasted better than sweets! And I love the vegetarian recipes.

‹ Previous | 1 2 312 | Next ›