4.0 out of 5 stars Novice gardener
I am a novice gardener and have just acquired an allotment so I needed some help. I bought this book to give me ideas about arranging my plot and I have found it very useful. It is not too helpful on the details of specific problems with vegetables and planting etc and the illustrations are a bit old fashioned, but it is still a pleasing book.
Published 16 months ago by Shell

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book, sadly not for me.
Quite helpful generally...though I'm after a very similar book. One with an emphasis on native, non-invasive species.
Published 9 days ago by Kevin Loftus

4.0 out of 5 stars Novice gardener, 11 Aug 2013
Shell (Walton-on-Thames) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Planting Plans for Your Kitchen Garden: How to Create a Vegetable, Herb and Fruit Garden in Easy Stages (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reference book, 18 May 2013
This is a well written, beautifully presented book. Very useful for a new or experienced gardener alike.I would recommend this book to anyone looking for ideas to create their garden.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book for both novices and more experienced gardeners, 25 Feb 2014
F. Bartlett (UK) - See all my reviews
I think this is a great book, I have designed my own kitchen garden and ones for other people, and i still found some interesting ideas in here. I like the way it included more than just the usual fruit and veg, like herbs and cutting flowers

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for beginners!, 17 Sep 2013
Really enjoyed looking at this book. It has different themes for kitchen gardens and is really well illustrated and simple to follow. I have not actually done my kitchen garden yet but this book is very inspiring and has lots of useful tips. It's very user-friendly for a semi-beginner gardener.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting book for garden ideas, 22 July 2013
This book would suit an experienced gardener or someone just setting out if you want ideas for how to get the most out of your available space. It suggests planting plans for modules 1x2m which should provide enough of each vegetable/fruit for two people over a season. It then suggests different combinations of these modules depending on what type of cook you are (e.g. jams vs herbs for sauces). It also has lots of useful general advice which is perhaps less necessary for the more experienced gardener but interesting nonetheless. Plans are beautifully coloured designs which I enjoyed poring over.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book, sadly not for me., 13 Dec 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Planting Plans for your Kitchen Garden, 13 Mar 2013
I was given a copy of Planting Plans for your Kitchen Garden by Holly Farrell as a gift and have found it very informative and inspiring. The modular approach to growing fruit, veg, herbs and flowers seems ideally suited to my needs; it has helped me be selective as I have limited space. The text is very informative without being overly technical and the plans are clear and easy to follow. I have already built the modules and am eagerly awaiting some warmer weather to get planting and sowing. I highly recommend this book and am very grateful to the friend who gave me my copy; it contains all the information I need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 Dec 2014
Has given me so much inspiration for the garden

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good, 26 April 2014
Not really very inspirational and does not really give any good ideas for planting. Actually, not very useful at all.