5.0 out of 5 stars Another perfect book from Jane Hissey, 13 April 2013
Mrs. S. Billington "sister dew" (Cumbria, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ruby, Blue and Blanket (Hardcover)
We were all really excited when we saw that Jane Hissey had a new book out, and were even more happy when we read it for the first time. It's quite different from previous books as she writes this one in rhyme, but that's not a bad thing - the story and the characters are really sweet, and the rhymes work really well.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Welcome Return for an All-time Great, 4 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Ruby, Blue and Blanket (Paperback)
Much like the previous reviewers, I was raised on the Old Bear stories, but it wasn't until I found a copy of Little Bear's Trousers a few months ago that I thought about Jane Hissey again. And I couldn't be happier about how that move turned out!

While these new faces don't have the distinct personalities of the author's other characters, there's still the familiar wit and whimsy in the rhymes, which also give it a broader appeal than the 500+ word tales that the likes of Duck, Rabbit, Jolly Tall and Bramwell Brown used to inhabit.

There's probably not going to have been a more detailed and visually-appealing use of colouring pencils at any point in 2013, or since, than in Ruby, Blue and Blanket (except maybe any follow-ups)- the art is absolutely beyond scrutiny, and practically transcends the two-dimensional pages on which it's been lovingly drawn over hundreds of hours.

A must-have for fancy dressers of all ages!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved Jane Hissey as a child, 4 Jan. 2014
Ms. C. E. Corrigan "KittyCat" (Newcastle Upon Tyne) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ruby, Blue and Blanket (Paperback)
The Old Bear books were a favourite as a child and now we have a baby on the way can't wait to read them all again. Just bought Ruby, Blue and Blanket today and not at all disappointed, we love the rhyming and message. As always the illustrations are beautiful. Out of all the books I've bought for bump (there's a huge amount both me and husband are total book worms) this is my favourite!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Ruby, Blue and Blanket (Hardcover)
as a gift the child in question loves the book and people reading to her

Ruby, Blue and Blanket
Ruby, Blue and Blanket by Jane Hissey (Paperback - 1 July 2013)