‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great beginners book, 19 May 2013
JacquiJ "JJ" (East Kilbride, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rockschool Guitar - Debut (2012-2018) (Sheet music)
I was recommended this by my guitar tutor and have been working through it and in conjunction with my lessons it has really helped me improve.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rockschool Guitar Debut, 29 Jan 2013
T. GREEN "TMG" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rockschool Guitar - Debut (2012-2018) (Sheet music)
I will try to do this book justice, even though myself I don't know how to read music or know anything at all about guitar playing.

I brought this book to help my son learn his guitar with lessons that he has just started at school, in response to his music teacher who recommended it as my son wanted to learn rock "type" guitar style.

My son is learning on an acoustic guitar however but it's ok for this as well as electric and it has the Amp settings for electric guitar, although it has no easy chord pattern diagram on the pages which would help according to my partner (who plays keyboard and guitar quite well.)

It has riffs and tab notation with advice on chord changes and a number of different examples to learn, and also instructions and advice on its own exams, along with an overview and history approach and recommended listening to each section of the book, it does not seem to be an extensive song book as such, concentrating more on learning styles rather than set pieces.

Its 40 pages long and some of the backs of the pages are left blank I presume to make notes as im sure this and the other books in the series are working towards its exams.

Comes with the backing tracks on CD which is a nice touch, the book itself is clear to read and understand, but possibly not the best for a complete beginner who knows zero, especially with an acoustic guitar.

A better set of books for this purpose my partner thinks is "The Complete Guitar Player" series of books by Russ Shipton which we also have (these have the chord patterns in) and I can attest to this as the only thing I know about music is if it sounds good to me or not, but even I have some basic idea / find it slightly easier to understand with those books.

A nicely laid out book with a logical approach to learning electric guitar with qualifications in mind, along with some interesting facts and basic explanation of the Amp and tone settings.

If I offended anyone by my complete lack of musical talent and knowledge I apologize :-)

Hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 15 Jun 2014
This review is from: Rockschool Guitar - Debut (2012-2018) (Sheet music)
Brilliant book for my 11 yr old who has learnt acoustic and now wants to try electric guitar. Very easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great starter book, 29 May 2014
This review is from: Rockschool Guitar - Debut (2012-2018) (Sheet music)
Got this for my teenage daughter who's just started guitar lessons. Easy to follow and fits in with her curriculum

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 26 May 2014
This review is from: Rockschool Guitar - Debut (2012-2018) (Sheet music)
These are good books, well thought through and backed up with real exams.

They are not for new learner guitarists in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rockschool book, 5 May 2014
This review is from: Rockschool Guitar - Debut (2012-2018) (Sheet music)
I bought this for my daughter who's 11 years old. Her guitar teacher recommended it and she's making good progress.

5.0 out of 5 stars super, 2 April 2014
This review is from: Rockschool Guitar - Debut (2012-2018) (Sheet music)
A superb book which has really helped my son learn so much more and grown interest in varied music. Excellent

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 17 Feb 2014
This review is from: Rockschool Guitar - Debut (2012-2018) (Sheet music)
my brother loves playing the guiter and this book teached him many new stuff. i loved it hearing my brother play

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 30 Nov 2013
This review is from: Rockschool Guitar - Debut (2012-2018) (Sheet music)
My Daughter is finding this guitar tutor Book very useful, and easy to follow, it has good diagrammes and helpful tips

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 7 Sep 2013
This review is from: Rockschool Guitar - Debut (2012-2018) (Sheet music)
The quality was as expected. It suited the purpose for which we bought it. I would happily recommend this product.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Rockschool Guitar - Debut (2012-2018)
Rockschool Guitar - Debut (2012-2018) by Rockschool (Sheet music - 3 May 2012)
9.79