5.0 out of 5 stars Wise words and food for thought, 8 Sept. 2013
This review is from: I am Nobody's Nigger (Paperback)
This is a great collection of poetry which ranges from personal experience to socially conscious issues, taking in life from a point of view that is not often heard in the mainstream but deservedly has a place in it. Highly recommended and enjoyable read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A narrator if our times, 27 May 2013
This review is from: I am Nobody's Nigger (Paperback)
I have had the pleasure of seeing Dean perform his poems, so to have them in a book to read is wonderful. This book is Poignant and articulate. A triumph!

5.0 out of 5 stars Laughter and Tears, 5 April 2013
This review is from: I am Nobody's Nigger (Paperback)
This i is an exhausting collection. I've been carrying it about with me, dipping in when I have a few quiet moments. The love poems are some of the most touching lines I've read, best read beneath dark glasses. "Lost in time" and crept up on me - and still does- and catches me unawares. 'Poems" is beautiful, heartbreaking. I have to take small doses of this book , it leaves me emotionally battered. But there is humour in here too, anger and passion- and sensual eroticism.Confession. Dean doesn't paint himself as a "Goody two shoes", a cerebral aesthete above the crowd. He struggles to square his spirituality with his own identity and it's not easy. There is so much more in here to inspire thought and self examination: where we are from, why we are who we are, the importance of family love and links with our pasts, something new with each read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Human, 22 Oct. 2013
This review is from: I am Nobody's Nigger (Paperback)
I can't think of a good enough word to describe this book. It's full of wit and sometimes shocking, but Dean Atta's poetry is honest, thought provoking and truly riveting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Atta - A Fresh New Voice!, 29 Jan. 2015
Rhythmic, fantastic and truly mesmerising. I could go on and on about just how great this poetry book is but I don't want to babble so I'll just tell you to just give it a chance. Admittedly I enjoyed Atta's poetry more when he stuck to social commentaries and he lost me a little with the forlorn personal stuff near the end but there is no doubt that Atta is a truly talented writer and I would adore to see him read some of his work as I can only imagine how much better that would be.

Definitely take a chance on this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Right Now, 25 Mar. 2013
G. East (Wiltshire, England) - See all my reviews
This is right now - here, in your face nice - this man is one with you - words despite their orbit come back with love.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational poetry, 15 April 2013
Tony Cook - See all my reviews
This review is from: I am Nobody's Nigger (Paperback)
Collected poems by a young writer which are both inspiring and challenging. I first heard him read the title poem on Radio 4's Front Row and since then have seen some of his work on youtube - a much needed breath of fresh air.

I am Nobody's Nigger
I am Nobody's Nigger by Dean Atta (Paperback - 27 Feb. 2013)