Format: Hardcover|Change

on 10 October 2013
An aesthetically pleasing book, but what really bothered me was the way it is written; spelling mistakes, sentence structures that don't flow and opting for American spelling even though the authors are British. And as a reviewer says above, the book did seem rather self-indulgent - I'm sure the two are great friends, but reading about it page after page gets a little tiring :).
on 10 July 2013
Absolutely the worst book I have ever come across. It looks quite pretty but it is completely self indulgent with the authors telling you how wonderful they are, how lucky they were to find each other, how amazing their stories and lives are etc etc. Why don't you let the reader decide? Awful and self absorbed and a complete waste of money
on 2 May 2013
Visiting the Igigi stores in Brighton is one of my favourite pleasures in life, so I have to admit to a bias in writing this review. I have to travel for a couple of hours to get there, but I relish indulging in the fantasy when I arrive. This soulful book attempts to capture some of what makes Igigi special in pictures and words. There are chapters on the unique friendship that has helped to create Igigi, the philosphy, the spirit and the style. There is also a handful of recipes for the delicious food that is served in the cafe.

Personally, I will always enjoy the place more than the book, but during those many weeks when I can't get there, the book helps to remind me of what Igigi is all about and how we can each make life less ordinary.
on 9 June 2013
Coffee table book with an attractive cover. Once inside the "handwritten" text becomes a bit tiresome and the illustrations a bit more boring. Expected it to be more interesting inside. Nothing that different if you have already seen the beautiful interiors in the French Style Books.
on 28 June 2013
what a wonderful surprise this book was - i knew it would be beautiful but i am totally smitten with the two authors and their philosophy of life and our surroundings. beautifully photographed and a delight to browse through - just gorgeous and i shall be giving copies to my girlfriends for birthdays !
on 19 August 2013
What a lovely book - tempted to remove some of the pages and frame them. It also comes with free postcards hidden within the book - an unexpected surprise
on 19 June 2014
I had heard of the shop and was pleased to see that the book was available. It is truly lovely and I keep looking at it again as find it so interesting and aesthetically pleasing. I cant wait to visit the shop.
on 28 June 2013
An uplifting book about a small local company making big waves. I was touched by the honesty of the book and found the very truthful stories of both friendship and business inspiring. Their style seems effortless and I have unashamedly taken some of their ideas home with me and my flat looks good for it. Although muted and earthy, I had an unexpected lesson in colour from reading it. A lovely book that you can dip in and out of, read for ages or simply sit and enjoy all the beautiful images. love it x
on 11 July 2014
Beautiful!!! I love finding the treasures among the ordinary things in life and giving them new meaning and purpose. This book makes a great gift. . . I am on my second one!
on 3 November 2013
fab reading, great on the girls, gorgeous pictures, a must have read and look to get ideas...wish them best wishes with the store and I hope to visit soon!! gorgeous....