5.0 out of 5 stars not what I expected
Published 17 months ago by Mrs. Denny S. Abeykoon

3.0 out of 5 stars Quirky
It seems very interesting although I have not tried any of the patterns out yet but look forward to it.
Published 16 months ago by Ms Janet Cook

5.0 out of 5 stars not what I expected, 12 Feb 2013
Mrs. Denny S. Abeykoon "Genuine reviews from ... (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Handknit Your Home (Paperback)
I expected this book to contain covers for various types of chair in Melanies quirky patchwork style..it doesn't! So I was vey dissapointed by this however..the closest thing is the little stool you can see on the cover which I liked..Also of interest is the unusual of rope poufee and I adored the chunky bramble hedge throw..in fact by the time I had finished the book I was one over!..I love it!!..there is a nice section on measuring furniture so you can make your own covers and also the patterns are knit on bigger needles so great for quick knits..great for stranding various yarns together at the same time and knitting...all together a refreshingly brIght aray of colour a good mix of patterns

4.0 out of 5 stars For the creative knitter..., 9 May 2013
This review is from: Handknit Your Home (Paperback)
This is the perfect knitting book for lovers of retro art and the rest of us, children of the seventies. Melanie Porter has created knitting projects in her book 'Hand-Knit Your Home' for items I'd never have visualized. I have never seen a lampshade covered in yarn, or even a chunky knitted rug, much less a cable knit clock. The book is charming, and full of fun items to make. Her instructions are clear and the photos showcasing her work are beautifully done.

And if you get especially passionate about the book, you could have a fully knitted home---chairs, lamps, cushions, flower pots, wastebasket and table runner, and that's not the full list. Really, Porter's imagination is open to any possibility. Truly a delightful book.

(i received this book free to review from cicobooks)

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 4 Aug 2013
This review is from: Handknit Your Home (Paperback)
I came across this book in my local library and after renewing it several times I have decided i best buy it! The book is full of ideas that can be adapted to your own home, so far Melanie has inspired me to cover the seat of my vintage rocking chair, as well as knit a back piece to my child's batik he brought home from school, to make a cushion cover. I am hoping to adapt one of my lampshades next. Happy knitting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really lovely book, 18 July 2013
This review is from: Handknit Your Home (Paperback)
I bought this as a house-warming gift for a knitting buddy.

The book is full of inspirational patterns organised in different themes, with lovely pictures..
There are quite a few similar ideas, eg. 2 clocks and a few takes on knitted lampshades, but it does give some fresh ideas to try out.

All the patterns clearly detail what is needed with stockists for any of the more unusual things you might need, like clock mechanisms!

- a good buy for someone wanting to yarn-bomb their lamps :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great funky little book, 22 May 2013
L. Tiley "Old Raver" (Kent England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Handknit Your Home (Paperback)
I love the feel of this book, it is attractive and enticing. I haven't started any of the projects yet but plan to make a knitted lampshade.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book!, 19 Mar 2013
J. Penman (Buckinghamshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Handknit Your Home (Paperback)
I, like many others rely on accurate reviews to decide if a book is worth buying and so here's my review!

Brilliant book, i have already made the cabled lampshade ( which can easily be adapted for different size shades!), and I have made the cable clock - both look fabulous and everyone that has seen them wants to have them!

Lovely fun book, the standard lamp base and shade cover are inspired - makes me want to go and find an old standard lamp.

Your fingers start itching within minutes of flicking through this book, time to go through your stash, pull out some pointy sticks and get knitting!

4.0 out of 5 stars Personalise your home!, 18 Mar 2013
This review is from: Handknit Your Home (Paperback)
Hand Knit Your home is a really interesting book, presenting a fresh perspective on decorating your home. The book is divided into three chapters and colour schemes - hot ideas, cool collection and pale palette. The projects are really inspired, ranging from a small flower vase cosy to a large floor pillow, from a table runner to a curtain tie. The projects are practical and functional but also fun and really enable you to put your own stamp on your home.

3.0 out of 5 stars Quirky, 11 Mar 2013
Ms Janet Cook "janet" (Scotland) - See all my reviews

Handknit Your Home
Handknit Your Home by Melanie Porter (Paperback - 14 Mar 2013)
9.09