I remember reading my first Guinness World Records when I was a kid and for a long time it was my favorite book.
It was full of fascinating information and although most of them weren't of big importance I remember dreaming about being involved in it with some of my record.

Published 9 months ago by Denis Vukosav

2.0 out of 5 stars No good on the Kindle
This isn't for the kindle,it's much better as a book. The pictures are too small an not enough of them big disappointment!!!!!
Published 8 months ago by Mr. R. Leyland

5.0 out of 5 stars Collection of trivia but also a great starting point for additional exploration about something reader is more interested for..., 8 Nov 2013
Denis Vukosav - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Guinness World Records 2014 (Hardcover)

Today I don't dream about that anymore because I do things in my life that don't qualify for world records (besides maybe writing largest number of Amazon reviews :-)) but I still like to read each year new edition of this interesting book.

This year's edition is still book that can be recommended for all ages and although most if not all of this data can be found on Internet it's still uncomparable to holding nicely designed hardcover book with all these facts inside.

The 2014 edition comes with many new and/or updated records, e.g. skateboarding goats, furriest cat, giant drum kit that needs whole band of five people to play it and many many more.

And although Guinness World Records book is always seen as collection of trivia (what actually and basically it is), it can be also seen as good starting point for readers to start exploring and encourage people to learn more about something they're interested for.

Due to that, without going into too much discussion about its literary value, this book still is and probably will be one of my dearest ones...

5.0 out of 5 stars bought it for my grandson, 6 Oct 2013
This review is from: Guinness World Records 2014 (Hardcover)
brilliant book i bought it for a xmas present for my grandson but couldnt resist looking through it it is full of interesting information well worth the price paid

5.0 out of 5 stars Super present for a 10 year old boy, 20 Sep 2013
This review is from: Guinness World Records 2014 (Hardcover)
Bought as a birthday present for 10 year old boy. without doubt the best present he had already weel thumbed and read. good price too and arrived on time thanks recommended

2.0 out of 5 stars No good on the Kindle, 10 Dec 2013
Mr. R. Leyland (Liverpool) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars 12 yr olds stocking filler, 14 Feb 2014
A. Fay "ascouse" (North West, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Guinness World Records 2014 (Hardcover)
Daughter loves this book and it was really cool with the 3d effect that you can view through an ipad...just don't ask me how that happens!

5.0 out of 5 stars Guinness World Records 2014, 2 Oct 2013
Mrs. K. P. Garnham "book kathga" (Withernwick, Hull. UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Guinness World Records 2014 (Hardcover)
You have no idea just how many unusual world records there was until you start to go through the book, marvellous reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still A Winner, 22 Sep 2013
ACB (swansea) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Guinness World Records 2014 (Hardcover)
Guinness World Records of 2014 is still a dip-in look at the most momentous and grandiose records. Most are in the bizarre group, equally fascinating as the more conventional achievements. As with last year there are download 3D features that may or not appeal. I guess most will be enthralled by the amazing facts. As a record's fan of too many years to remember, well-before the beloved Roy Castle, I still find human achievement is, in terms of athleticism and bravery, the attraction to me. Each time I look at the length of my lounge and it's height it amazes me that someone has jumped beyond or above. That is the reality for me and a constant source of bewilderment. This is jam-packed with information and entertainment. Even the ketchup drinking and sausage eating champions stretch the extent of human endeavour, determination, motivation and even sanity. Excellent value and another big-seller.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2014 deserves to succeed, 21 Oct 2013
This review is from: Guinness World Records 2014 (Hardcover)
I have many earlier editions. 2014 is excellent, but some of the previous good information is replaced by trivial records, amusing but of no consequence.

5.0 out of 5 stars great &interesting, 21 Oct 2013
This review is from: Guinness World Records 2014 (Hardcover)
Only had a quick look through as bought for daughter for xmas but looks interesting and tells of some great records achieved

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 July 2014
great

Guinness World Records 2014
Guinness World Records 2014 by Guinness World Records (Hardcover - 12 Sep 2013)
18.54