I remember reading my first Guinness World Records when I was a kid and for a long time it was my favorite book.
It was full of fascinating information and although most of them weren't of big importance I remember dreaming about being involved in it with some of my record.

Published 18 months ago by Denis Vukosav

3.0 out of 5 stars Amazing
I buy buy Guinness Workd Records every year (20 yrs) for my son, always loved them, but this one is amazing as you can make people and animals come alive. We was all making a dinasaur walk across our carpet!
Published 15 months ago by Mam-Mah

5.0 out of 5 stars Collection of trivia but also a great starting point for additional exploration about something reader is more interested for..., 8 Nov. 2013
Denis Vukosav - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Guinness World Records 2014 (Hardcover)

Today I don't dream about that anymore because I do things in my life that don't qualify for world records (besides maybe writing largest number of Amazon reviews :-)) but I still like to read each year new edition of this interesting book.

This year's edition is still book that can be recommended for all ages and although most if not all of this data can be found on Internet it's still uncomparable to holding nicely designed hardcover book with all these facts inside.

The 2014 edition comes with many new and/or updated records, e.g. skateboarding goats, furriest cat, giant drum kit that needs whole band of five people to play it and many many more.

And although Guinness World Records book is always seen as collection of trivia (what actually and basically it is), it can be also seen as good starting point for readers to start exploring and encourage people to learn more about something they're interested for.

Due to that, without going into too much discussion about its literary value, this book still is and probably will be one of my dearest ones...

5.0 out of 5 stars bought it for my grandson, 6 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Guinness World Records 2014 (Hardcover)
brilliant book i bought it for a xmas present for my grandson but couldnt resist looking through it it is full of interesting information well worth the price paid

5.0 out of 5 stars Super present for a 10 year old boy, 20 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Guinness World Records 2014 (Hardcover)
Bought as a birthday present for 10 year old boy. without doubt the best present he had already weel thumbed and read. good price too and arrived on time thanks recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars A great makeover for this classic book!, 1 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Guinness World Records 2014 (Hardcover)
I haven't read this since I was a child/teenager myself so I didn't expect much. It has had a makeover and although there is less content, it is well edited and the pictures are great. My children love it and I think it now appeals to a younger audience - upwards of 7 or 8 can comfortably read this but it really is suitable for all ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Annual children's favourite, 13 Jan. 2014
L. Sears "Redlorry" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Guinness World Records 2014 (Hardcover)
You can't go wrong in giving the Guiness World Records Book to a child as a gift. My son is 7 and my daughter is 10 and since unwrapping this book on Christmas Day they've hardly left it alone. It's been taken to friends houses, shared with grandparents and provided endless conversational topics.

The way each record is presented, with a small (or large) picture and the key facts, means it's easy for even those with a tiny attention span to delve into the pages and find something of interest. Favourite topics in our house have so far included Lego, Food, Pets and Football, and there's still so much we've yet to discover.

The records are also inspiring and have fired the imaginations fo my children to think about what records they want to try and achieve. I can't recommend this book enough. It absolutely brilliant. I'm already looking forward to next year.

4.0 out of 5 stars Its the guinness world records, 9 April 2014
This review is from: Guinness World Records 2014 (Hardcover)
If you have a child who's not that interested in reading, I think they will always appreciate a book like this that you can dive into and has fascinating facts without having to read too much. But despite this it will broaden their vocabularly. Not up my street for reading to children, but we've bought 3 of these for our children over the years at around age 8/9 and they've always spent hours pouring through it.

My 42 year old brother in law is equally fascinated so I may have just solved his birthday present, as no-one will buy this for him and he's not allowed to buy it for himself. Definitely one for kids of all ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Here are some tips for writing great reviews: Do explain why you liked or disliked this product. Do compare to similar, 11 Dec. 2013
Albert Russo (Paris, France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Guinness World Records 2014 (Hardcover)
Here are some tips for writing great reviews:

Do explain why you liked or disliked this product.
Do compare to similar products and share how long you've used this product.
Do identify specific attributes (e.g. comfort and fit of a shirt or the battery life of a camera) and whether they met your expectations.
Don't describe your seller or delivery experience (you can do that at amazon.co.uk/feedback).
Don't include promotional content of any kind or reviews written in exchange for compensation.

To see the full guidelines for writing reviews on Amazon, go here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book and mind blowing when used with 3d app, 28 Dec. 2013
Anne (Leicestershire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Guinness World Records 2014 (Hardcover)
My son got this book for Christmas and he was really pleased with it. He loves finding out about the weird and wonderful and the book has kept him happily engrossed. But it was when we downloaded the Guiness World Record 3D app and scanned images in the book that the fun really began. It appears like the world's smallest girl is standing in front of you, blinking and smiling! Or on another page a dinosaur comes out of the page and roars! We've a lot more to discover but after a couple of days all I can say is- absolutely brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars A year-old edition is the best value in the world. . ., 26 Nov. 2014
P. Morris "Peter Morris" (Dorking, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Guinness World Records 2014 (Hardcover)
I grew up reading old copies of what was then called the Guinness Book of Records. I always enjoyed the bizarre, the outlandish and the outsize and, of course, little has changed. Now my children are reading independently, I thought I'd get them a copy. So, latest version at £20 or one that's a year old at £1.81 including delivery.

Frankly, there is little that's up to date in the latest edition so save your money. Buy the year old copy. It's the best value in the world. . .

5.0 out of 5 stars 7 yr old boys will love it!, 9 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Guinness World Records 2014 (Hardcover)
My 7 yr old son really wanted this after seeing a classmate reading it at school- it is really good value and everyone has thumbed thru it- young and old. We love the ipad and you could proberbly look these facts up but there's nothing like a big shiny book full of interesting world records and pictures-Buy it!

Guinness World Records 2014
Guinness World Records 2014 by Guinness World Records (Hardcover - 12 Sept. 2013)
Used & New from: £0.01