on 1 July 2013
I've read this book a couple of times now and the second time and perhaps with a bit more property investing experience there were some new slants on older ideas. I also find it useful to use some of the chapters as a reference when I come across deals which aren't in my comfort zone. The best part of the book is reading the case studies of actual people and the great deals they have done, re-reading those bits always gives me the added incentive of "if they can do it so can I" Great Book
on 18 March 2014
This book gives an outline of what is possible in the world of buying property and making money through lesser known but totally legal strategies that most people know nothing of; not even a lot of solicitors. If you want more detailed information on how to work with these strategies then yes you should consider paying for the pricey seminar. you don't get anything for free in this world. I have met a lot of people who are using Simon Zutshi's strategies and they most definitely work.
on 8 January 2013
Despite all the excellent reviews, I'm more critical about the book. Firstly, I would definitely recommend someone else to buy it as it is not too expensive and is a nice introduction. When I started reading the book, I really liked it and would have given it 5 stars. Simon's writing style makes this an easy read and he's good in explaining.

After a while, I started to see the book more critical. The book has a couple of case studies which are said to come from real property investors. The investor explains how money was made with a property deal. Suspiciously, almost every author mentions how he attended Simon's Mastermind workshops and how it helped him/her to get into property investing. It becomes fairly annoying towards the end, as the author (to an almost embarassing degree) promotes his seminars in each case study. While I was waiting for more content and more real life examples to come at the end, the content turned into common sense advice. The point where I disliked the book is where I was presented with 11 pages of advertisement for the author's Seminar's in a 167 page book. This annoying self promotion is enough to loose 1 star in the rating. The author states clearly that you should use your time efficiently so you have enough of it to get involved in property investing. I wonder why he puts so much effort in his seminars which raises the question whether teaching what to do may actually be more profitable than doing it.

The second star I have removed is for the super optimistic presentation of the whole subject. Simon rarely mentions the worst case scenario, everything sounds so easy and "magic" to speak in his own words. He teaches to build up property portfolios and mentions that some people (including himself) have portfolios worth over a million. And how nice it is to have a positive net cash flow and not having to work anymore. He doesn't present examples and use cases describing the struggles and dramas happening when the property market goes down or interest rates go up with such a portfolio. And what happens with the money of your friends, which are suggested as business partners if you don't have enough seed capital. Basically most of the strategies are made on the assumption that the property market will go up. It would have been good to present more detailed calculations (he must be using spreadsheets!) which show how the investment performs in different scenarios. Eventually, this is what one has to do. Overall, at the end of the book it is more a motivation book rather than a book presenting inside information.

As I said, I'd still recommend and will keep it in my bookshelf but I'm quite surprised to see so many suspiciously good reviews (seminar attendees?)
on 12 October 2015
This book is fantastic and has taught me a lot of new property investing strategies even though I was an experienced investor before I read the book. I have read the book three times now and each time I find new nuggets of information as I move forward in my property journey. I have now signed up for the property mastermind course and I am six months in and can confirm I have paid for the course several times over.
on 14 May 2013
This is a well written book about the essentials of property investment. At times it reads like an info-mercial for other related products, but I will forgive the author. The information presented is cheap in comparison with property prices, and getting a good education is key for all parts of life. It is a confident and enthusiastic book, which I imagine, is also a fair reflection of the author.
on 13 January 2014
I read this book cover to cover, with only coffee breaks in between.

I received it as a gift before Christmas, and, being interested in all things Property (apart from cheesy property programmes on telly!) I had to just jump straight in.

I love how the book is so relevant, being freshly updated for today's ever changing property world.
on 31 March 2015
Absolutely fantastic book and thoroughly recommend it to anyone interested in property. It will 'open your eyes' to the world of investing and you'll realise it's a lot easier to get started than you may think. I love the win-win ethics explained and the chapter on personal development & mindset is key to any endeavour.
on 5 December 2012
For newbies and someone wanting to learn more about property in general, this is a good read and a great place to start. Simon knows what he's doing and is willing to share his experiences. Book admittedly has averts for his courses but not uncommon nowadays for authors to do this in any industry. I'd say definitely worth a read.
on 20 December 2014
This was one of the first property books I bought and fundamental in getting me out of the 9 to 5 I was stuck in. Every-time I give a copy to a friend I buy myself a new one as its also a great reference book. Essential reading. Francis Dolley, author of Mayhem, Murder and Multi-Lets
on 22 July 2013
Wow! An amazing book with a no nonsense approach. Simon really has excelled himself. The book gives you the courage to buy property knowing that you don't have to make the same mistakes other people made. Simon says it as it is and oh be prepared for hard work! Love the book!