5.0 out of 5 stars Make sure you download the online workbooks!
As previous reviewers have said, this is a fantastic marketing book. Extremely practical and using clear examples to illustrate each concept, Watertight Marketing is packed with tonnes of usable, useful advice which can be immediately put into practice in your business.

Published 6 months ago by RosalindConkie

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
At the end of some chapters the text runs together making it illegible - kindle purchase
Published 7 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Make sure you download the online workbooks!, 31 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Watertight Marketing: Delivering Long-Term Sales Results (Paperback)

But, for me, the most useful part was the extensive online workbooks and resources which are available to download just by registering your book.

The first workbook goes through each "leak" asking all the right questions to help you identify issues in your current marketing strategy. The second, third and forth workbooks take you step by step back through the issues you've identified helping you to generate a comprehensive plan on how to tackle them.

The book plus the free online workbooks are a complete marketing course all on their own. Anyone who buys this book but doesn't make use of the extra, free resources is missing the best bit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic simplicity, 3 Dec. 2013
I recently read Watertight Marketing, and have to say it is one of the very best business reads I have had the pleasure of studying. The style of writing is to the point and simple in it's language, making it accessible not just to marketing professionals but the general business savvy public too.

The effective concepts are clearly explained and the idea of 'plugging the leaks' is essential brain fodder for any business owner with ambitions to grow. Ultimately, by following the guidance within this book, business owners and their teams will waste less time, save more money, and make more profit... what more could you want any business book to provide?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book & brilliant model, 10 April 2014
Rob Cameron (Warwickshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I have read a lot of marketing books from academic heavyweights (as part of MBA) to small business quick guides and have to say that I have found Watertight Marketing to be the most practical marketing book & model is most representative I have seen to demonstrate the 'marketing process'. The concept of multiple 'taps' and 'funnels' with leaks throughout before the water hits the bucket, for me, is a far better representation of how prospects become customers; with losses at various stages of the process, versus the ubiquitous marketing/sales funnel.

The style of writing is easy to read and informative. The text includes many case studies, guides and checklists.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth its weight in gold, 29 May 2013
I often find I have to force myself to read business books, this was certainly not the case with Watertight Marketing. I found the book to be a really compelling read; full of practical & easy-to-digest information & tips and extremely motivating. With each page I found I was full of new ideas to take my business forward and, a few months after first reading the book, I am constantly thinking about how I can apply the main principles to each aspect of promoting my company. I particularly love how easy it is to delve back in as needed, and the additional online material is a fantastic resource for planning out my marketing activity. I am so much more aware of how NOT to market my business! The £10 I spent on the book is worth its weight in gold and has already saved me a fortune in wasted promotional activity. Highly recommended read to anyone who is looking to expand their business without huge expense and wants to be shown in a clear, practical and somewhat witty way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Any business wanting to grow needs to read this book., 31 Jan. 2013
Watertight Marketing is a well written, easy to read but heavy-weight and comprehensive blueprint for effective marketing. No clap-trap. No padding. It is chocker-block full of great ways to fix your business development processes, systems, copy, plans and activities so you stop leaking profit and see your business grow – the watertight way. I act as a business coach to my clients, helping them grow their own client portfolio, and thought I really knew my stuff on marketing. I still found this book to be a highly valuable read, and probably the first real marketing book that bridges the gap between real life, traditional marketing and social media. As a result of reading this book, I was able to clearly identify why our own business growth has plateaued, and because of the common sense contained in the book will be working to fix that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable for business owners, 20 Nov. 2013
What strikes me about this book are two things. Firstly, it is perfect for its intended audience - SME business owners who need to do marketing, and do it efficiently and effectively. There are well-written arguments for undertaking marketing (for those who might be a bit sceptical) and easy-to-read explanations of what it is and how it works best. Secondly, the unique thing about Watertight Marketing is the addition of the workbooks which you receive when you register your purchase. Not only do they provide frameworks to structure what you do, but they also give plenty of exercises to apply the thinking in the book, in a guided, practical and bespoke way. I have been a marketer for all my working life so I like to think I know a thing or two about winning new clients and protecting existing ones. As a business owner myself, I completed a few of these exercises and found them really useful and thought-provoking.

Bryony's style is conversational and humorous in places, so it is not difficult to read quickly. The best way, I found, to make use of this book is to read it, then re-read and do the exercises as you go along. What you end up with is a business development plan which brings real clarity to your activities and helps you to decide which are most relevant. She is also very conscious of budgets, how to make them work well for you and recognises that, and I completely agree with this, you don't need loads of money to put great marketing into place. Bryony combines her excellent knowledge and thinking with her own experience of growing businesses in what is a handbook that business owners will find absolutely invaluable.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last, practical guidance on marketing, 14 Mar. 2013
I love this book because it tells me what to do. There is a clear logic, a pathway to follow, instructions for things I have to do.

Don't get me wrong, if I followed everything in this book, it would take a year or so. That would be massively helpful for anyone who had the time, but I don't. So I've picked a few specific areas, which I have identified from using the book, and then applied some solutions, which have been provided by the book. The end result is a much more rigorous marketing strategy that I would not have thought of on my own.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Solid, Tried, Tested and Trusted Marketing Solution That Delivers Measurable ROI, 21 April 2015
S. Bateman "bookguru" (South West) - See all my reviews
Most small business owners are heads down, between the handlebars, growing their business single-handedly or in small teams, often working with processes that are imperfect, incomplete, and which hemorrhage time and money. I read the book in 3 days, working through the workbook exercises and viewing the presentations on the web school. The Thirteen Touchpoint Leaks(tm) helped me step back, assess, and understand my marketing strengths and weaknesses, my customer buying cycle, what I was spending, and what I was wasting time or money on, or missing. The book and accompanying workbook and web school have helped me reassess my marketing. I can vouch for the things other users of the book have said: This is truly a no-nonsense, tried, tested, trusted and actionable marketing methodology that identifies quick wins and other strategies that are going to help me grow my business and my clients' businesses for many years to come. A big shout out to Bryony Thomas, whose Watertight Marketing book, workbooks and web school are packed with actionable initiatives designed specifically for small business owners to take control of their marketing in practical ways.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book written by a credible marketer, 17 Jan. 2014
There's a dearth of marketing books available, many from overseas and so not relevant to the UK market.

This is a really well written book from an experienced UK based marketer that is choc full of marketing strategies and tips that work. How can I say this? I am a marketer myself with 3 decades plus of experience and so I know only too well the difference between spin and substance, between hyped up strategies and those with depth and credibility because they come from the experience of a person like Bryony. A marketer who has honed her craft and now wants to share it in this her first book.

I don't know Bryony but reading her book I can see that she is clearly an experienced marketing practitioner and she shares her expertise in her book and the resources on her website with generosity. The cost of this book is a small price to pay for clear, concise, waffle free advice. And if there's one thing that a small business has to do in order to be successful in today's crowded marketplace it is to be marketing savvy and to access advice that works in tough times and good times provided they put the time and effort in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Promoting your business without getting bogged down in marketing speak, 11 Dec. 2013
David Banes (Sydney, Ausralia) - See all my reviews
Watertight Marketing by Bryony Thomas is an excellent way to get to grips with promoting your business without getting bogged down in marketing speak. The book comes with practical worksheets (via the web site) to get stuck in and actually do something to get your business moving. If you do nothing else, at least take a look at the sample chapter on the web site.

Watertight Marketing: Delivering Long-Term Sales Results
Watertight Marketing: Delivering Long-Term Sales Results by Bryony Thomas (Paperback - 31 Jan. 2013)