5.0 out of 5 stars After 40 years of trying this book finally taught me to crochet!
I've been a knitter since I was really quite small and so am very confident knitting, but no matter how hard I tried, I could not get the hang of crochet. More than one person tried to show me and I've been through a good few "how to" books and magazines too.
Whilst trying to find ideas for my Christmas list I came across this book. From the "look...
Published 13 months ago by S. Owen

3.0 out of 5 stars Good stitch guide but not great quality
The quality of this book is not great; very flimsy, cheap paper that feels like it's been done on a home printer. As a complete beginner, the guide to stitches was good but trying to follow the patterns was hard going and I think this book doesn't go far enough in teaching newbies to do anything other than simple rows. I attempted the heart and hat then gave up. Have had...
Published 13 months ago by Lisa

‹ Previous | 1 2 326 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars How to crotchet, 29 Nov. 2013
This review is from: How To Crochet: A Complete Guide for Absolute Beginners (Paperback)
This book is true to its title. I have bought other books and still couldn't work out how to crotchet but this book is so easy to understand and the diagrams are perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stocking filler, 7 Nov. 2013
This is going to be a stocking filler for my daughter....she has been wanting to learn how to crochet and this seems perfect for her . It arrived very promptly .

4.0 out of 5 stars Clear instructions for absolute beginners, 12 Feb. 2014
I decided to take up crochet so I ordered this book along with some wool and crochet hooks. The instructions are nice and clear with good illustrations and a good selection of beginners' projects to choose from.

I'm still confused about types and weights of wool but I suspect this has more to do with the apparent lack of a coherent system than any fault of the book. I also find the two terminology systems for crochet stitches (American and British) confusing. I'm glad they're both given but they might have been better placed in a table rather than at the head of the page teaching each stitch.

I would recomend this book to anyone wanting to teach themselves the basics. I've completed one project and am about to crochet myself a scarf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 16 Jun. 2014
Just what I needed. Well worth it and available on Kindle edition. Makes it more mobile. Will def buy again.

4.0 out of 5 stars How to crochet, 27 Feb. 2014
A very clear set of instructions for absolute beginners, and I found the diagrams very clear and easy to follow.

4.0 out of 5 stars Omg, 14 Feb. 2014
Ms. Alison Roberts "flirty giggle" (burton on trent, staffs, england) - See all my reviews
Can't believe I've actually gone and learned how to crochet , finally yay. I've wanted to do it for ages, years even but always thought it looked to difficult. This book is fab an my house will soon have a crouched cover on everything lol. But to be honest I'm expecting a grandchild so I'm thrilled I can now try a blanket :0)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill, 26 Jan. 2014
great book for beginners very helpful and interesting, highly recommended for all expert or not, helpful to all, helped me loads

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for beginners, 28 Mar. 2014
I have never attempted knitting or crochet before, and with the help of only this book I have learnt lots of different crochet stitches and how to make a variety of simple items. It goes through everything step by step with detailed diagrams to make it very clear for a beginner, and moves on to more complex stitches and methods in order to make actual items such as baby hats and decorative items. it has given me enough knowledge of crochet to be able to find patterns online for other items and follow those instructions using this book as reference for the actual stitches used

4.0 out of 5 stars Book, 28 Sept. 2013
I bought this for a very good friend as a present as she wanted to learn to crochet.it explains how to I easy steps

5.0 out of 5 stars very good & basic, 28 Jun. 2014
if you have no idea about crochet, this book is a great little thing. very basic, very visual, it has clear instructions and a good few little projects with pictures, including granny square and simpler ones too. also appendix at the back with instructions for left-handed crocheters.

my only quibble is a silly one and doesn't affect the book contents: the picture at the front is very strange. what's up with that manicure?? only 2 nails painted?

‹ Previous | 1 2 326 | Next ›

How To Crochet:  A Complete Guide for Absolute Beginners
How To Crochet: A Complete Guide for Absolute Beginners by Alison McNicol (Paperback - 24 Jun. 2013)