5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!
Published 10 months ago by Aloysius

3.0 out of 5 stars crochet
bought for my mum who wanted to learn how to do it because she was having difficulty.
The book quite expensive for the pages in the book you get.

Still she found it difficult.
Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 18 Sep 2013
This review is from: How To Crochet: A Complete Guide for Absolute Beginners (Paperback)
This is a great book for complete beginners. The instructions are clear and simple with good illustrations. Not overloaded with technical information but focuses on inspiring you to get on and crochet without having to plough through loads of unnecessary stuff. I am a seasoned crocheter and bought this book to use when I'm teaching others and I would recommend it highly. One of the best beginners' guides I've seen.

5.0 out of 5 stars After 40 years of trying this book finally taught me to crochet!, 10 Feb 2014
S. Owen - See all my reviews
I've been a knitter since I was really quite small and so am very confident knitting, but no matter how hard I tried, I could not get the hang of crochet. More than one person tried to show me and I've been through a good few "how to" books and magazines too.
Whilst trying to find ideas for my Christmas list I came across this book. From the "look inside" it looked very simple and easy to follow - and believe me, I needed simple and easy to follow!
My mum gave this book to me for Christmas, and determined to learn, I took it away on holiday with me.
This book is indeed very clear. The pictures are nice and large and the book is explained in very easy terms. I couldn't get on with holding the wool or hook properly - I suspect I am too much of an entrenched knitter - but other than that managed everything the book said.
By the second day I had a nice square of double crochet. By the end of the third I'd made a somewhat poor attempt at a granny square (my family teased me mercilessly about it being a granny rhombus!). But my second granny square looked exactly like the real thing and I had it cracked.
Now, just over a month on and I've mad a complete cushion with 16 granny squares, crochet joins and crochet flowers. It looks as though someone who has been crocheting for years has made it (well, to me, anyway!). I'm now in the middle of a huge throw for our sofa and I'm also making a pokemon toy for my daughter. I'm obsessed with crochet.
I never thought I would be able to crochet and now I can, properly. My mum (who could sort of crochet but is really a knitter like me) has also bought this book and is now making amazing stuff too.
It is a simple book - there aren't a huge number of pages or patterns. But if you have been defeated by everything else and want to learn, you could do worse than give it a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 21 Nov 2013
I am a complete beginner, but even I managed to learn how to Crochet. Would thoroughly recommend this book to everyone

5.0 out of 5 stars I have finally fathomed crochet!, 24 Nov 2013
This book contributed to me being able to fathom the art of crochet. Since purchasing this I've been able to crochet several baby hats!

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to follow, 31 Oct 2013
For a complete beginner this is ideal. so far I've only done the first 2 stitches but this book is so easy to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 29 Aug 2013
Pickle "Branston" (Leighton Buzzard Beds) - See all my reviews
Now this book I would definitely recommend to individuals who wish to learn to crochet, nice clear pictures English instructions [as against American]. A good first purchase to get you going.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for absolute beginners!, 9 Mar 2014
As a total novice,this book is at my level. I have tried to learn to crochet via youtube video clips, but have found that having these very clear photographs and instructions much more helpful.

4.0 out of 5 stars how to, 30 Dec 2013
Clear and simple, like the US/UK terms, possibly would be nice to have more patterns, something more complicated, but look forward to trying crochet

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple to understand, 2 Dec 2013
Bought this for my wife, who decided to take up crocheting. She found it fairly easy to follow, with good illustrations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 22 Feb 2014
I've been knitting for years and found crochet was the next thing to try. I tried learning from YouTube videos which helped only slightly. I found this book helpful because it actually explains clear and simple what to do and the pictures then become easy to understand. I would try this book for sure if you are learning.

How To Crochet:  A Complete Guide for Absolute Beginners
How To Crochet: A Complete Guide for Absolute Beginners by Alison McNicol (Paperback - 24 Jun 2013)
6.13