5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for girls!
A great knitting book aimed at children of primary school age, and older, with a range of things to make which are suitable for both girls and boys. Each project is ideal for a beginner, but offers suggestions for customising and increasing the difficulty level of the patterns for more seasoned young crafty types.

A fantastic gift in itself, or a great idea...
Published on 5 Nov 2012 by Kippersmum

3.0 out of 5 stars Present for 8 year old grandaughter.
She would not have understood this on her own, I struggled and have knitted in the past, some of the instructions not as clear as I would have liked.
Published 12 months ago by George

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for girls!, 5 Nov 2012
Kippersmum (Jersey City, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My First Knitting Book: Learn To Knit: Kids (Paperback)

A fantastic gift in itself, or a great idea for a pre-Christmas buy if the children want to make their gifts this year. Clear directions, lots of photos and diagrams and a big 'learn to knit' section at the front of the book are all useful. If you really get stuck, a quick search on YouTube can help you with just about any knitting technique you need a bit of extra explaining.

Value for money-wise, although this is a slim volume, there are lots of projects packed in, as well as all those clear and well-written knitting tips at the beginning. There really is something for everyone, from the more frivolous creation to more simple, practical items. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for beginners, 5 Nov 2012
This review is from: My First Knitting Book: Learn To Knit: Kids (Paperback)
I ordered this book for one of my sons, who has always liked the idea of learning to knit. He absolutely loves it. There are plenty of projects that he will enjoy making, such as hats, fingerless mittens and scarves, alongside cool knitted rabbit toys and iPod covers etc. I am expecting some cool knitted gifts in the future. Might even borrow the book myself and take up knitting! I would definitely recommend this book as a Christmas gift for children you may know who are interested in learning to knit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal gift for creative kids, 5 Nov 2012
This review is from: My First Knitting Book: Learn To Knit: Kids (Paperback)
I was very pleased when the postman arrived with this colourful book. It's pitched towards total beginners and uses clear diagrams to show budding knitters how to hold the wool and needles, cast on and off, and make basic knit and purl stitches. The book is slim and light (so easy to prop open as you knit) and packed with useful tips and techniques to get knitters of any age started.

The patterns are fresh and contemporary but simple enough for a child to follow and, importantly, finish in a fairly short space of time - nothing more demoralising than a project that doesn't seem to go anywhere! The projects include pompom scarves, hats, fingerless mittens, an i-Pod cover, bunting, wrist cuffs, robots, bunny rabbits and things for pets. Combine this book with a ball of wool and some knitting needles and you've got the perfect gift for creative kids, or useful resource for a wet afternoon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Kids knitting book, 28 Nov 2012
This review is from: My First Knitting Book: Learn To Knit: Kids (Paperback)
I just purchased this for my 11 year old daughter for christmas, and after having a quick flick through it i am so happy that there is finally a book that is straightforward and easy to follow, and has projects in it that i can actually see her finishing! It even makes me want to pick up my needles and start again - its bright, colourful, the format is simple and doesn't feel overwhelming. Highly recommend for any kids who are starting to show an interest in knitting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great knitting book for kids, 5 Nov 2012
This review is from: My First Knitting Book: Learn To Knit: Kids (Paperback)
At last a really bright and inspiring knitting book designed for kids. Very bright pictures and illustrations to grab your childs attention, with some really great knitting projects to make.
The book is really easy to follow, I will be helping my daughter to knit the bunny mobile phone cover, he is really sweet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Startup book, 21 Mar 2013
Adam Weir (Livingston West Lothian) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My First Knitting Book: Learn To Knit: Kids (Paperback)
Our Daughter has been pestering us for years as to why we didn't teach her to knit. This book with it easy to understand instructions will do what we couldn't. Looking forward to more in a series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 18 Jan 2013
This review is from: My First Knitting Book: Learn To Knit: Kids (Paperback)
This book is colourful and has easy to read instructions. The photography is very good. I would say that the patterns would appeal to adults as well as children.

5.0 out of 5 stars My First Knitting Book, 27 Dec 2012
This review is from: My First Knitting Book: Learn To Knit: Kids (Paperback)
Loved the easily read graphics and colourful drawings and easy to follow instructions. I have recommended it alreadyto other Grannies for their young grandchildren .

5.0 out of 5 stars first knitting book, 8 Feb 2014
This review is from: My First Knitting Book: Learn To Knit: Kids (Paperback)
The kids I bought it for are 8 and 6, they are able to manage with supervision, the book gives clear well illustrated instructions. It is probably better suited to the eight year old. Would recommend it though very helpful book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 14 Jan 2014
This review is from: My First Knitting Book: Learn To Knit: Kids (Paperback)
Excellent book. Simple instructions which are easy to follow for a beginner and some nice ideas for making knitted items which my daughter loves. A really good buy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

My First Knitting Book: Learn To Knit: Kids
My First Knitting Book: Learn To Knit: Kids by Alison McNicol (Paperback - 12 Oct 2012)