4.0 out of 5 stars Great for beginners
I bought this ebook as an introduction to learning the uke. It has great explanations and some photos to help guide. The only downside I have found so far is that it is a bit tricky to read the music/frets , even when enlarged on the Kindle screen. I think I am just used to having a music book that you can flick back and forwards through.
Published 23 months ago by Kerry G

3.0 out of 5 stars Very difficult to view tablature on Kindle.
Published 4 months ago by Rachel Dunn

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for beginners, 27 Jan 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves it, 3 Jan 2013
Mr. P. Parker "potshot" (Burnage Manchester UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to Play Ukulele: A Complete Guide for Absolute Beginners - Level 1 (Paperback)
It's a tutor book, what more can I say...perfect for learners and my daughter picked it up straight away, now she is plinking away through the book. Buy it ok!

3.0 out of 5 stars Very difficult to view tablature on Kindle., 31 July 2014
The 3 star rating is not down to content, but because of bad formatting for Kindle. Kindle screens are a lot smaller than the paperback book this is designed for - I know, an obvious comment. However, although obvious, it doesn't seem to have been taken into consideration when formatting this book for Kindle. The ABSOLUTE WORST example of this is the tablature, which is very tiny even on my PC, which is considerably bigger than my kindle screen. This could be easily rectified if the TAB had been enlarged to fit the whole screen, but it only takes up a 3rd of the screen, making it very small. Text on a kindle can be enlarged, but there is no function for zooming things in a picture format.

The book itself is a good, fairly standard learning book. It does use traditional music notation, alongside TAB. However, you don't necessarily need to understand the music to play the TAB. In fact, as someone who reads music, I tried to ignore it, as I need to learn the TAB and how to play Ukulele, not how to read music. However, I did find it useful for songs I didn't know, as it enabled me to check I was playing it correctly.

I think someone who doesn't read music would still be able to use this book using the tablature alone.

It starts by teaching simple tunes, then progresses to chords with strumming patterns, then finger-picking, scales going higher up the fretboard, duets and bar chords. It also has lots of useful info along the way, including chord charts at the back of the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 20 Jan 2013
Arrived way before time, I had a Ukulele for Christmas and this book has made my learning way easier. Would highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear and concise, 12 Jan 2013
I am a complete beginner, but this book (after an hour) has given me the confidence that I will be able to achieve some level of competence. Very clearly written, no annoying hype.

5.0 out of 5 stars First time, 30 Dec 2012
Had a ukulele for Christmas. Having never played before found the book easy to follow and was soon playing my first tune.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ukelele - beginners, 18 Jan 2013
It does everything it would say it would do - just getting into the swing of it and enjoying learning

4.0 out of 5 stars Ukelele beginners, 8 Jan 2013
Having played guitar for over 50 years I found this to be a very thorough training book which also delved into music theory.
Very good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a beginner like me..., 31 Oct 2012
Dave Phillips (MIAMI, FL United States) - See all my reviews
Great, easy to follow book starting you off with your new uke. Simple explanations, easy to follow diagrams and a progressive build up of techniques. Great book, glad I bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars music book, 31 Jan 2014
my husband is learning to play the ukulele so i bought him the book and tuner together.ideal for beginner and and someone who knows a little more about music.

How to Play Ukulele: A Complete Guide for Absolute Beginners - Level 1