5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining Read, 20 Dec 2012
Mrs. K. L. Nunn "Kitty" (Milton Keynes Bucks UK) - See all my reviews
This is a great little book to dip into, however I found once I had started to read the very short chapters I just had to go onto the next and the next. It is amusing and self deprecating in a typically English way. Wonderful stocking filler, I intend to mail it to friends and relatives abroad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommendable, 5 Dec 2012
I am from Asia and have visited England many times before. Whenever I stay in the country I find its culture is curious, attractive and interesting, but it sometimes makes me puzzled too as the culture is too deep and complex for a foreigner like me to understand in full. This book, however, is very informative with lots of new(or niche) stories and gives me a clue to know what real Englishness is. Full of wit and humour, it's simply pleasurable to read section by section and even can be very good for language learning.

4.0 out of 5 stars For chaps and chapesses, 9 April 2014
T. Bently "tbently" (Berkshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: 102 English Things to Do (Paperback)
This guide is pitched half-way between a guide for overseas visitors and a fun tome for anyone. The only draw-back is that Alex Quick is just a little (dare I say...) middle aged and out of date.
There's hardly any mention of new technology (perhaps it isn't English) and people these days are more likely to go to a car boot sale than a church jumble.
Does everyone in England still long to sing Jerusalem and recite Invictus? Probably not but the tone of the book is irresistible, bright and breezy.

102 English Things to Do
102 English Things to Do by Alex Quick (Paperback - 2 July 2013)