Format: Hardcover|Change

on 14 January 2014
Uwe Rosler comes across as a very honest man. He is indeed a proud East German but most of all he is a Professional Footballer which really comes across in this excellent book. He lives and breathes football which sometimes you believe is the most important factor in his life however, it is not, that belongs to his family. I believe he really discovered that when he recovered from cancer.
He's had and still has a very interesting life.
Uwe is the reason why I will support Wigan Athletic, who he now manages, and hope they make it back to the Premiership.
Wouldn't it be great to see Uwe lead Wigan out against Man City!!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 December 2013
Apparently an excellent book. Bought as a Christmas present for our son but read first by his father who loved it!
on 22 May 2014
Let me get this straight - i love Uwe, brilliant payer and man, but this book was like watching paint dry... what should have been a fantastic life story (and the facts are there for it to have been written as such) was written in such a monotonous way :(

If you love Uwe, give it a read, but get it as cheaply as you can, then put it on your City book collection shelf!
on 10 March 2014
Read from mr rosler, not just your run of the mill biography the book gives you a great insight into life behind the wall for uwe as a child & as a rising star in east germany, buy you will love it
on 28 June 2015
Uwe came across as a very honest man and the East Germany stuff was fascinating, but the book did get dull as it went on and I think he was bigging himself up too much at certain points.
on 9 November 2015
What a player one of my all time greats. Fantastic read
Who bombed old trafford
Who bombed old trafford
Uwe Roslers grandad did
Uwe roslers grandad did.
on 17 December 2013
my husband doesn't read many books, when he does, he enjoys autobiographies, so hopefully he will enjoy this one as well
on 9 January 2014
It was a present for my brother and he is enjoying reading it. Not my choice of book but wasn't for me
on 5 September 2014
Good quality book and a great read of another one of MCFC legends
on 19 April 2015
This was a Christmas present, my brother loved it