5.0 out of 5 stars Proof that ideas for writers are everywhere!
Published on 19 April 2012 by Simon Whaley

2.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but beware...
Published 9 months ago by Grazia Gi

5.0 out of 5 stars Proof that ideas for writers are everywhere!, 19 April 2012
Simon Whaley (UK) - See all my reviews
Linda Lewis's Treasury is a clear demonstration that ideas for writers are everywhere. Essentially, it's an A-Z guide of where you might find inspiration for potential ideas - so it's a book you can read from cover to cover, but you can also dip into it too. So, if you know that your holidays should be a great place to look for ideas, then simply look up the term 'Holidays' and Linda will remind you of the various things you may have experienced on holiday that you can then use to develop an idea. And to show you how this can be done, Linda has also included some examples of her stories that have been published, which were developed from some of her idea generators.

If you're looking for ideas about where to find ideas, this book really is a treasure trove of inspiration.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now I Just Need The Time To Write Up All My New Ideas...!, 20 April 2012
This review is from: The Writer's Treasury of Ideas (Paperback)
Linda Lewis is a lady who knows her stuff - she's a widely-published short story writer, columnist, novelist, tutor and competition judge and I know for a fact that she's never short of ideas (in fact, as she admits herself, she 'has too many'!). So it's very generous of her to share the sources of many of her ideas in her new book! I love the cover and this book really does what it says on the tin. It's jam-packed with potential ideas and it's great for dipping in and out of. This is a reference book that I'm sure I'll read over and over AND I promise you, since I've read it, I'm even dreaming more vividly!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but beware..., 16 Aug. 2014
This review is from: The Writer's Treasury of Ideas (Paperback)
I've been reading plenty of books about creative writing in the last years, so I'm quite prepared to reading one more and thinking "nothing new", but here I found other problems. First of all I'm not interested in reading the author's short stories, because such examples have a limited utility and occupy lots of pages. Here I found a dozen, and unabridged. Then I don't appreciate the author not specifying in the presentation that the book is aimed at people who write short stories and not novels. I know ideas are generated the same way wherever you use them, but there's no help in this book to those who are interested in a more complex plot generation. If you cut everything unuseful from the book, you have just a few valid pages. Maybe this text is good for newbies interested in writing short stories, but I found it disappointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars I thought this was brilliant!, 19 Jun. 2012
I have read several books on creative writing but this is for sure one of the best. It is easy to read and incredibly informative.I found it very motivating and I think it's a book I'll go back to when I feel deflated and suffering a total block.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Excellent!, 23 Jan. 2015
M. Lewis (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Writer's Treasury of Ideas (Paperback)
As someone who is just starting out writing short stories seriously, this book really IS a treasure trove of ideas. Right off the bat from chapter 1, example upon example of how to generate ideas and apply them to stories and then examples of the examples applied to short stories! Have only read the first couple of chapters so far and my head is already brimming with ideas, I can hardly contain my excitement :-)

I bought this book after purchasing Linda Lewis's other two books - also which were very good - and it is as good as I anticipated it to be. It's clear to see why she is so successful as a short story writer and already with this book, I feel confident that I will be able to produce sellable short stories - which is exactly what I want to do. Recommended...and then recommended again - two thumbs up!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Ideas, 6 Oct. 2013
Lots of original ways to get ideas for story writing. Makes you think in a different way and gets you out of a rut.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Useful Treasury, 19 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Writer's Treasury of Ideas (Paperback)
Lots of ideas, Thought provoking. Can't use all of them but plenty of sound basic material. A useful addition to the bookshelf of any aspiring author

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 4 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Writer's Treasury of Ideas (Paperback)
Plenty of ideas within so well worth buying.Must be something to get everyone's juices flowing.Would recommend to anyone who needs a prompt or two.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 14 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Writer's Treasury of Ideas (Paperback)
A great book, full of practical and creative ideas. Also good for encouraging you on your own quest for ideas. Great stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars the writer's treasury of ideas., 27 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Writer's Treasury of Ideas (Paperback)
I ordered this book as a guide to becoming a successful author, even getting in touch with her for help.

The Writer's Treasury of Ideas
The Writer's Treasury of Ideas by Linda Lewis (Paperback - 31 Mar. 2012)