5.0 out of 5 stars Top Walk series are all good, 20 Nov 2013
This review is from: LAKE DISTRICT WOODLAND WALKS: Top 10 Walks Series (Lake District Top 10 Walks) (Paperback)
This is another excellent addition to the series with interesting walks, well described and excellent maps. It will be a good Christmas present for our daughter who loves walking in the Cumbrian Lake District.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worthwhile purchase, 13 Sep 2014
S. A. Gordon (Enfield, Middlesex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Just before my wife and I went on our eleven night tour around the Lake District, I decided to purchase three books in this series, this one plus Walks with History and Pub Walks. What little gems they turned out to be. There are 10 walks in each book so we had a good choice wherever we were.
The books are a good size, some lovely photos and good information about the area. Also there are good recommendations for where to eat/drink after your walk. The walks are in the range of 4 to 6 miles long and can be done in a morning or afternoon.
We went on two of the walks included in this book, Staveley's Woods and Silver Crag at Ullswater. Both walks had excellent directions and were both very enjoyable. We did not meet anyone on the Staveley Wood walk but the walk at Ullswater was very popular (and quite well known). The only minor point is that there was no real detail of where to park for the Ullswater walk, but this is a very minor quibble.
What I really liked about the walks is that they took us to places that we may not have visited ordinarily.
We hope to return soon to do some more of the walks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little book, 14 April 2014
I have followed several of Vivienne Crow's as walks she publishes them in our local paper, so I know they would be good and accurate, this is a lovely little book ideal for slipping in your pocket, the walks are interesting and as I expected accurate, I have ordered another of her books 'walks to waterfalls' I am sure it will every bit as good.

4.0 out of 5 stars viewing lakeland from below, 8 Jan 2014
Mr. Philip R. Hyne (Gloucestershire UK) - See all my reviews
there are plenty of delightful walks around various lakes without having to bust a gut getting up onto the high fells especially if like me you're getting a bit past the more demanding walks. Excellent little book with clear instructions, map etc that'll keep you on the right path

5.0 out of 5 stars Small & handy, 1 Jun 2014
John Meanwood (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
These little books measure 6" x 4" x 1/4" and are ideal for slipping into a pocket. There are 10 walks from all over the Lake District, so there are plenty to choose from. Like similar books, there are details on where to park, how long the walk is, how long it should take, how easy it is, a map showing the walk, which OS map you need to take, where the nearest pub is, very good detailed instructions on the walk itself with corresponding stages shown on the map and plenty of photos of the views you will see.

I would also recommend the other books in the series by Vivienne Crow and also Best Walks On the Lower Lakeland Fells by Bob Allen which are published in paperback, but bigger than pocket size (more map case size).

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a good book with accurate maps and directions which are easy ..., 22 Nov 2014
This is a good book with accurate maps and directions which are easy to follow. We found it very useful during our stay in the Lake District.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Nov 2014
An excellent handy sized guide. The walks we have tried so far were clearly described.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 July 2014
M. Vant - See all my reviews
Great little book with lots to do on my many visits up North

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 Nov 2014
Great product and swift delivery

LAKE DISTRICT WOODLAND WALKS: Top 10 Walks Series (Lake District Top 10 Walks)