Format: Paperback|Change

Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The period covered by `Hitler's Angel' is 1940-41 when Britain faced disaster in the early stages of World War II, and the setting is partly England and mainly a fast and furious few days on an infiltration and intelligence mission in Germany. As a war story it is obviously a work of fiction yet it relies on factual villains (especially Reinhard Heydrich) and it exposes the dark side of the Nazi regime. Dramatic action scenes are somewhat far-fetched, but so is much of fiction, and `Hitler's Angel' is captivating for children in a similar manner to James Bond for adults. It is a non-stop rip-roaring roller-coaster ride which is equally appealing to boys and girls with one of each as the main protagonists. Both are well-crafted characters who display courage, loyalty and integrity as they battle through a series of extraordinary escapades. Though there are horrific episodes there is a lightness to author William Osborne's writing and a balancing level of humour, but unlike James Bond novels a cosy conclusion is not predictable.
on 19 July 2013
I went to hear William Osborne at KEGS, Bury St Edmunds and I bought a signed copy of this book.I love reading and have read lots of other books but this us the best I have read so far. I am12 years old and recommend this book. I can not wait till the next book which comes out in September. If you are looking for a great holiday read then this is the book for you. By Tom Greeves
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The book arrived very quickly - within about 2 days of ordering - and it's an amazing read. I read it in an hour and a half, it's so absorbing and very good. The condition of the book is great, and I would heartily recommend the book to anyone over 13 - there is some violence.
on 22 April 2013
Book arrived very quickly, within about 3 days I think. Read the book in one shot, took me an hour and a half. It is AMAZING. It is unputdownable, and whether you like history or not you will love the book.
on 21 June 2014
A fantastic product, exactly what you wish for. Its defiantly worth all the money you buy it for, you couldn't find it cheaper anywhere else!
on 22 November 2013
Really great book for adults & children! I read it first, my 10 year old next & then my 15 year old & we all enjoyed it. Very well written.
on 21 December 2014
Very well written for a children's book. I loved the story and the humour and have just bought his second book, Winter's Bullet
on 13 January 2013
Well worth reading if your child likes history as much as my little girl I think all children should know what happened in WW2
on 25 November 2014
To long I liked it though because it was all dramatic and stiff so I found it pretty interesting. It is a great book
on 1 September 2015
it was a thrilling masterpiece that can be adored by fans of all ages!!