5.0 out of 5 stars make sure you aren't out of pocket...., 5 April 2013
This review is from: The Pocket Pitching Bible (Paperback)
Paul Boross has encapsulated the expertise, experience and knowledge inherent in The Pitching Bible into this enticing and entertaining condensed pocket version. I read it on a recent flight and thoroughly enjoyed it. It highlights all of his 'secrets'. The book takes the reader on a journey that challenges you to think about the fundamental factors relating to when a pitch begins and ends. It also covers the critical elements of the pitching process. The pocket version loses none of Boross' clear, informative, non-patronising and witty style.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pitch Perfect, 14 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Pocket Pitching Bible (Paperback)
I've seen Paul doing his thing live - and the thought occurs that he's one person who actually practises what he preaches, because every performance is pitch of some kind, and he always wins the audience over (book him if you can). By extension many readers will instinctively know that the contents of the Pitching Bible provides a great framework for how we should pitch, but often we ignore the basic tenets to our cost. It's a great and entertaining read - and I've noticed the results from taking it's messages on board in a very conscious way. Highly recommended if you sell yourself or run a sales team.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really practical and useful, 24 Oct 2012
This review is from: The Pocket Pitching Bible (Paperback)
Having watched Paul Boross at a conference last month, I decided to see if his impressive verbal prowess could be distilled into a book. I am delighted to report that The Pocket Pitching Bible is both practical and useful for anyone who has a pitch coming up and wants advice in a condensed and easy to read form. The exercises and checklists are very clear and lead you to conclusions about your own pitching style that are then easy to improve and implement. I dipped back into the book a day prior to a big pitch and found each section I read gave me great tips on how to make what I was planning better. It has been the most practical and useful book I have bought in the past two years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great companion guide, 13 Sep 2012
This review is from: The Pocket Pitching Bible (Paperback)
Having found The Pitching Bible so useful it is fantastic to now have the pocket version. It reminds me of all the key points to make a great pitch in a concise smart way. I can really like all the extra practical advice in The Pocket Pitching Bible. I've been trying something new with every pitch I've delivered, and the results have been amazing. I definitely recommend this new version as well the original book.

5.0 out of 5 stars One word:Essential, 25 July 2012
P. HEANEY (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Pocket Pitching Bible (Paperback)
Excellent Reference Tool and just.....essential!

I've spent my career in media sales, selling tv airtime and then licensing tv rights, trying to convince executives to see the potential in films and TV shows. One of the most enjoyable but challenging parts of my role is mentoring and coaching others to really push themselves in those difficult pitches, the ones that could go either way, and I know that the pitch is what makes the difference.

When I first picked up Paul Boross' book, The Pitching Bible, to be honest I was rather cynical, assuming it could tell me nothing new. It has subsequently become an invaluable reference tool for many sales teams, dipping in and out for the relevant elements to refresh.

The clever structure of the book makes it perfect for less experienced pitchers as well as more experienced.

The Pocket Pitching Bible presents all the essentials of the original book but cleverly condensed. It still has a very clear and easy to follow method for taking your pitch and refining it to ensure every possibility that's under your control is covered. Crucially, it doesn't 'dumb down' its approach or tell you what to say - so you still have to work at developing your pitch.

As we all know, there are few things worse than a pitch where the potential buyer feels `homogenised'.....not an individual pitch to a person or group that the seller has put some preparation into.

It's not just sellers who should take time to take their time and consume the contents of this book...let's face it, in all aspects of the commercial world we need to develop or expand existing business. This is straight ahead positive thinking but with many many practical suggestions that brings out the best in your business' strengths.

The Pocket Pitching Bible
The Pocket Pitching Bible by Paul Boross (Paperback - 20 May 2012)
7.99