5.0 out of 5 stars Up there with "The Wayward Lad"
Published 10 months ago by Paul Laxton

3.0 out of 5 stars Great book but no signature!
The book is great and came within the estimated time but I can't find the signature anywhere, this is quite annoying as I paid £3 extra for the signed copy!
Published on 11 Aug 2012 by ct

3.0 out of 5 stars Great book but no signature!, 11 Aug 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy it..., 23 Feb 2014
This review is from: A Weight Off My Mind: My Autobiography (Paperback)
Only one chapter I did not want to read and you will know what I mean when you get to it - it's the only reason it don't get 5 stars because I got what I wanted from the book. And yes, I will be backing him whenever he drops to a low weight :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Up there with "The Wayward Lad", 26 Jan 2014
This review is from: A Weight Off My Mind: My Autobiography (Paperback)
This is a terrific book. As an autobiography it is in the same high class as Graham Bradley's "The Wayward Lad." Normally I do not buy biographies or autobiographies of top sportsman until they have retired as of necessity they are incomplete. I made an exception for this book and I am glad I did. Mr Hughes is immensely courageous in revealing details of his personal life which in turn give us an insight into the pressures of being a top sportsman in a game that is absolutely cutthroat. This is exacerbated by having to ride at two or even three stones below normal bodyweight.
Unlike other anodyne offerings Mr Hughes is not afraid to express his opinion. He is particularly articulate when discussing the rules governing the use of the whip. When he retires I look forward to seeing him alongside Mick Fitzgerald in the Channel 4 studio.

Paul Laxton

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift for my partner, 22 Oct 2013
This review is from: A Weight Off My Mind: My Autobiography (Paperback)
Bought this for my other half. he loves biographies especially about those linked to Horse racing. He thoroughly enjoyed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars just hughie, 31 Aug 2013
This review is from: A Weight Off My Mind: My Autobiography (Paperback)
typical hughie honest book very well written i enjoyed it and the insight to what goes on in racing top notch

4.0 out of 5 stars Illuminating, 14 Jun 2013
This review is from: A Weight Off My Mind: My Autobiography (Paperback)
A really good racing read which appear both genuine and cleverly ghosted by Lee Mottershead. Richard Hughes is an lively, engaging and popular character with a tale to tell but his battle to overcome alcoholism is what sets the book apart. Richard's determination and love of racing come across well and whilst never dull it is written in a relaxed and authentic style which will appeal to the keen and casual racing fan alike. I found the book gripping and illuminating and learnt more about Richard who I now follow closely, he is clearly an excellent ambassador for his sport.

5.0 out of 5 stars weight off my mind, 12 Nov 2012
Margaret Sercombe "story haven" (Leicester UK) - See all my reviews
This was purchased for a Christmas present, so I haven't read it, but the intended recipient was absolutely sure he would enjoy this book.
I am somewhat dissapointed as I understood this was a signed copy, but I cannot find a signature anywhere.
I suggest that the word 'signed' be removed from the book description.
This is very misleading.

4.0 out of 5 stars A lovely read, 23 Nov 2014
This review is from: A Weight Off My Mind: My Autobiography (Paperback)
I have not read it all yet. But, up to now, thoroughly enjoyable. One gets the impression that British Racing is still clean and competitive. you have to be prepared to put in all the hard work in order to succeed - not just because your name happens to be "Hughes".

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Nov 2014
This review is from: A Weight Off My Mind: My Autobiography (Paperback)
Arrived swiftly, as described, very pleased

A Weight Off My Mind: My Autobiography
A Weight Off My Mind: My Autobiography by Richard Hughes (Paperback - 26 April 2013)