Format: Paperback|Change

on 9 February 2013
This is a good true story about Jack Seely and his brave courageous horse Warrior during the First World War. There was a good strong bond between man and horse and were admired by everyone.
on 9 May 2012
An excellently written book about the amazing life of Brigadier-Gen. Jack Seely D.S.O. (1868 - 1947); famous soldier, politician, lifeboatman and friend of Churchill. My particular interest was in the details of the Boer War service of the 41st Company (Hants) Imperial Yeomanry, that my grandfather was in as a trooper (by 1919 he was a Lt.-Col). However, the rest of the book was such an interesting history, that I didn't skip through the pages of politics! I know that doesn't say a lot for me, but it does for the book!
on 30 April 2012
I found "Galloper Jack",to be a very good read, Brough Scott has a way of writing history with great detail that is easy to follow, This purchase was made after I had read, "Warrior" writen by General Jack Seely the real Galloper Jack.

This book has been printed and bound to a first class standard, a quality product.
on 19 September 2015
Excellently written and takes one into WW1, sometimes painfully and quite harrowing. A relief to know horse and rider unscathed.
on 27 February 2014
A wonderful story of a horse and having seen a documentary on the horses in WW1 I had to buy the book
on 11 August 2015
What can I say it turned up on time in excellent condition I am sure I will enjoy it, thankyou
on 7 August 2013
I started out reading War Horse and then watching the film. I then read the book on which that was based, which then led me to read this book. Some of the war fare bits were a bit tedious. I would have liked to read more about the horses and their perspective of what was going on.
Very good for learning history of that time.
on 15 July 2013
This biography of his grandfather sets out clearly a life devoted to the people around him. "Jack" moved in illustrious circles and his influence was all intended to be for the benefit of his fellows.
on 24 December 2012
Book bought as a present. Arrived very speedily and in good quality. Lovely book to read. Would highly re commend to other horsey people.
on 8 February 2013
If you like your modern history this is a great read. Well done Brough Scott it's a story well worth telling and well told.