5.0 out of 5 stars Milan holiday
This is s very good guide book with all the information i require for my trip. The size is ideal for my handbag. We worth buying.
Published 4 months ago by Suzanne Webster

2.0 out of 5 stars Poorly laid out and misguiding information
Published 11 months ago by Katy

5.0 out of 5 stars Milan holiday, 15 Mar 2014
This review is from: Milan with Lakes Como & Maggiore Footprint Focus Guide (includes Lake Orta) (Paperback)

2.0 out of 5 stars Poorly laid out and misguiding information, 26 Aug 2013
I found bits and pieces of this basic guide book helpful, but not very much. As it mentions 'Lake Como' in the title I thought that it would have a good amount of detail on this area - but no, it skims over the towns and I could not find much of interest to follow up. The maps are poorly printed and furthermore I was misguided in the more comprehensive Milan section: it recommends an apparently gluten-free pizzeria, a place I eagerly headed too (the Italian diet of pizza and pasta is tricky for a gluten-free diet!) only to be told that they aren't - just simply organic! The writers also raved about a science museum (The Da Vinci one) in Milan which we unfortunately found to be very dull and disappointing.

This book is probably ok as a very basic and cheap guide to Milan, as the general info and advice is alright. I found it irritating to use, will stick to good old Eyewitness next time!

Milan with Lakes Como & Maggiore Footprint Focus Guide (includes Lake Orta)
5.59