4.0 out of 5 stars Useful overview of the area
Published 17 months ago by Cello

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Not exactly what i was looking for but no issue point of view delivery and quality.
Thks.
Published 2 months ago by Caroline Hennequin

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 11 July 2014
Thks.

3.0 out of 5 stars Could do better., 6 Jan 2014
This review is from: Bangalore & Karnataka Footprint Focus Guide (Paperback)
I was visiting Bangalore on business but was also planning to do some sight seeing as well. When I received the book I didnt think that there was as much information on Bangalore as I would have expected, maybe there isnt as much to see from a tourist perspective as opposed to other areas like Mysore but for a large city I would have thought more detail could have been provided.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful overview of the area, 8 April 2013
This review is from: Bangalore & Karnataka Footprint Focus Guide (Paperback)
I must admit I didn't have to rely on this book as a complete guide - it was more as a reference for places we visited and general customs as I was visiting friends and was very much in their knowledgeable hands. It's difficult to comment, therefore, from an independent tourist's point of view but it probably didn't have as much detailed information as I would have liked if I was totally relying on it.
It was interesting to read the summary of the history of the various areas at the beginning of each section describing the different places. It gave a brief idea of places to visit and also restaurants to go to (as far as I was concerned recommendations of eateries are most important as Indian hygiene in restaurant kitchens there aren't up to British standards generally speaking). It gave all the usual tips on local customs and expectations and suggestions for where to go for shopping, sight seeing and accommodation. There were ideas for companies to contact if you wanted to go on trips/expeditions from Bangalore, as well as if you were going to stay in other towns in the Bangalore and Karnataka region (We visited Madikeri in Coorg for a few days).
I would have liked a detailed street map of the centre of Bangalore but then I bought this particular book because of it's neat trim size and it was also difficult to find another book which just referred to this area of India so I don't suppose you can have everything!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good general guide, 12 Feb 2013
This review is from: Bangalore & Karnataka Footprint Focus Guide (Paperback)
I could have done with more information on Bangalore itself, there didn't seem to be much and I think it missed out some of the places in other guides. however it gave good information and was one of the few guides I could find that focussed on this area rather than South India in general

Bangalore & Karnataka Footprint Focus Guide
Bangalore & Karnataka Footprint Focus Guide by David Stott (Paperback - 13 Sep 2012)
5.59