on 10 March 2013
I've had a large chart featuring all of the thai alphabet symbols on my wall for over a year yet managed to learn only two or three: gaw gaai and dt. With this book I have been able to learn all 44 consonants after work on one day. I am most grateful and looking through my bilingual dictionary am able even to start reading some of the words in thai!! sanaambin etc I haven't mastered the vowels yet because I only started today but even just from those consonants think I can read better than my girlfriend, and she is thai! Admittedly I have been learning thai for a year, but in english, now i will be reading in thai! A huge leap! Well done Russ. Top man.
on 9 April 2012
If you want easy access to speaking, reading or writing Thai, this is the book for you. There are pages and pages of fascinating illustrations which will help you learn the Thai language through clever use of pictures and memory techniques. Has been very helpful with tone! I am using this book in tandem with another Thai language book, Learning Thai, Your Great Adventure. Thai isn't easy but these books have helped me a lot. I feel that, with practice, I can go back to Thailand with the language well enough in my grasp that I can converse and be a part of the fantastic culture. Highly recommended to all.
on 25 January 2014
This book and others by Russ Crowley are a MUST BUY if you want to learn to read and speak Thai.

Russ and his partner Duangta have developed a brilliant method for learning the Thai alphabet, and include pronunciation help, and are present online for assistance, and are THE MOST HELPFUL people you could imagine. Supportive, friendly, encouraging. I have exchanged emails with Russ a few times, and he has included me in the list of people who get access to his material first (sometimes even trials for free). The support is just excellent, superb, I can not find sufficient superlatives for Russ Crowley and Duangta's books and online support.

And for the method itself too is brilliant, especially if you are visual like me. Makes sense of all those Thai alphabet characters that look so similar at first sight!!