5.0 out of 5 stars What an inspiration!
Published on 14 Nov 2011 by Kayleigh

1.0 out of 5 stars Story great - book awful
First I would like to emphasise that one star refers to the book, definitely not to a young person who has courageously and humorously fought a terrible disease.
The style of having (exactly) the same account repeated twice began to grate after a few chapters. The points of view varied very little, so apart from an effort to fill a book I cannot see the purpose...
Published 10 months ago by bookworm

5.0 out of 5 stars What an inspiration!, 14 Nov 2011
This review is from: Old Before My Time: Hayley Okines' Life with Progeria (Paperback)
After following Hayley's story on TV from the beginning, I was so excited to see a book was coming out as well. From the moment I opened the book, I couldn't put it down and was totally addicted to reading through Kerry and Hayley's personal accounts of exactly what they have been through over the past almost 14 years and even managed to read it in a day!! I can't even begin to put it into words how brave and inspirational Hayley has been throughout her life and what a great family she has too.

I would recommend this to anyone who has seen the documentaries on TV, you will absolutely love it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, 13 Nov 2011
This book was so much better than expected. I have followed Hayley since the first documentry. The book clearly tells her story and explains the medical issues behind progeria. I was hooked from page one.and I particularly like you get Kerry (her mother) and Hayleys views on different topics. Living in Kent this is so close to home and truely inspirational.

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest, funny and heartwarming, 31 Oct 2011
Mrs "offtheshelf123" (Bedlinog, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This book gives you the full story as Hayley's early years are narrated by her mother, Kerry who is very honest and frank about the impact of Hayley's diagnosis and prognosis on her and her family. Hayley also reveals her thoughts on losing her best friend to the disease and the impact of her parents separation. I was hooked from page one and read it cover to cover - I am full of admiration for Hayley and her family and really hope that the drug trials in the US will help develop a cure for her and other progeria sufferers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely loved Hayley's book!!, 19 Nov 2011
meg (scotland) - See all my reviews
I too have followed Hayleys life on tv from the start, and was so looking forward to reading her book. Couldn't put it down, read it in one go without stopping, (shed a tear or two along the way.) If you are looking for an inspirational read, then buy this book and feel hayley touch your heart with her story. Love your bandana hayley!!! you look beautiful on the front cover of your book!!! I would love to be able to buy all hayely's tv shows on dvd, everything else comes out in dvd why not hayely's documentories!!! surely the money would be of some help to those who suffer from progeria. luv to you and your family hayley
god bless X Old Before My Time: Hayley Okines' Life with Progeria

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring and touching, 17 Nov 2011
this book had me in tears, she is truly an amazing girl and to have such a positive attiude is lovely. i must read

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book about a lovely girl, 14 Nov 2011
An absolute must read, Hayley is a remarkable, inspirational girl who doesn't let her progeria get her down, after reading this book i just wanted to give her a cuddle and adopt her as my little sister <3.

5.0 out of 5 stars hayley, 25 Nov 2011
how could you not love this book i have seen all the tv shows with hayley in and the book is heart warming i hope they find a cure or something to slow down the ageing she is an inspiration to all

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 18 Dec 2011
This book is truly inspirational. I loved it. Bought it after watching her programme. Brilliant. Well written with Hayley and her mum Kerry's different chapters and perspectives.
Both are greatly inspirational. Buy this book, you won't regret it! I wish all the family all the best for the future!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiration, 15 Dec 2011
S. Bradford (mablethorpe) - See all my reviews
What a fantastic book, well done to hayley and Kerry, really enjoyed reading after following Hayley on television, inspirational book and well worth buying and supporting this beautiful little girl.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 12 Dec 2011
this is a truely amazing book and a amazing girl.ive seen the tv programme but this book takes anything to the next level and you get a serious understanding of the illness for this poor girl and have the families cope.would say everyone should read it its great,x

Old Before My Time: Hayley Okines' Life with Progeria
Old Before My Time: Hayley Okines' Life with Progeria by Alison Stokes (Paperback - 24 Nov 2011)