on 8 October 2012
I own a library of books on paper and paper crafting and this is up there with the best of them. Inspirational and something a little different from the norm. Well worth the money!
on 5 December 2012
This book makes me smile because it's easy to follow and yet the finished results look so stylish. Highly recommended.
on 15 February 2014
This book has many attractive ideas and good illustrations that guide you along with the instructions. It is also positively a promotion of using 'used' and recycled materials - but what it does assume is a high level of dexterity particularly in cutting out very fine and intricate patterns with a scalpel to gain a high level of finesse in the final product. It is not really for the beginner in terms of craft making experience. Many of the projects require a lot of patience, a list of materials and time as they are quite intricate. The book is inspiring and a good source of ideas though but could gain from rating each project on level of intricacy. I also personally felt that the tools & materials page should be at the front not at the back of the book. It is a lovely gift book as it is so attractively bound and produced.
on 12 March 2013
A fabulous range of crafts with differing skill levels. Old books can be recycled to make all kinds of things from cards to paper bowls. There is a section for children. An ideal craft resource for those working in schools, libraries or community groups that reuses old books that are too worn out to pass on. Also ideal for GCSE and A level art project ideas.
on 20 February 2014
I own a lot of books on paper craft and this book looked interesting. As I said the book is ok but I wouldn't say it was outstanding. Some of the project are interesting but many others you could probably find on Pininterest for free. As I collect books on paper craft I'll keep it but if I could go back I wouldn't buy it again.
on 10 January 2013
I love this book. There are so many good ideas with so much to do, that it is hard to decide what to do first!
The projects range from paper cutting for relative beginners to more involved skills such as the clay and quilled paper dolls ( i have already brought some clay to make a doll! ) The templates are really good and easy to follow.The materials need not be expensive either as tatty old books can often be picked up for a few pence at jumble sales etc , i have also used old magazines for paper cut outs.
I would say this book is a must for all crafters.
on 24 March 2015
I am just fascinated as to how people find the imagination and simplicity of doing 'something different' to create delightful art, and then are happy to share it with everyone.
An inspiring book for young and old who enjoy 'creating' and doing something different - either to please themselves or their friends.
on 10 April 2013
This book was a great buy. It has given us some great ideas and really got the creative side of me working. the delivery was really quick and the product was exactly as advertised.
on 23 February 2013
I have lots of books on book arts but this is the best. Lovely projects that are easy to follow. The best book I have bought for a long time.
on 3 March 2013
Easy to understand and follow,friends and family will now be receiving bespoke invites,cards,templates at rear of book come in useful.