5.0 out of 5 stars This is a lovely book!
Published 18 months ago by Noble Lady

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT FOR BEGINNERS!
This book says it's for beginners, be warned, it is not!
I can do basic crochet but this book assumes knowledge, I have had to watch videos to even begin to make anything from the book!
Published 7 months ago by Ms. M. I. Ramsay

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a lovely book!, 2 Mar 2013
This review is from: Granny-Square Crochet - 35 contemporary projects using traditional techniques (Paperback)
I am so pleased I purchased this book. I saw a pattern from it in a recent magazine and thought it worth the risk of buying the whole book, I am pleased I did! It has some beautiful patterns that are all relatively easy to make. Best of all for me, it shows a very detailed way of joining these granny squares as they are made! I have wanted to know how to do this for years!
Thank you for a great book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant! Chuffed to bits!, 14 Aug 2013
I just got this book today and after a thorough look through I can honestly say I am thrilled to bits with it. There are a few projects I'm unlikely to make but only because I don't have small children or babies to crochet for. I can honestly say, there's not one single 'dud' pattern in this book. I'm a bit of a crochet addict, only been crocheting for about 9mths but I am totally hooked on the craft now and consider myself an intermediate, but even if I were a total beginner, all the patterns look easy peasy to me. I'm wishing now that I wasn't in the middle of two huge blanket projects because I want to get stuck in to some of the projects in this book right away. The photography has been done beautifully and the overall layout and presentation of each project is wonderful, I defy any crocheter, experienced or otherwise, to find fault with this book. A real bonus too is the fact that it uses UK crochet terms, so no converting stitch language. If you are used to using US terms, you will have to convert and should know there are no universal stitch diagram patterns to go with the written patterns. Actually, if there was a fault to be found, that would be it, no universal stitch diagrams. The last section, section 4 deals almost entirely with teaching total beginners how to crochet from starting off to fastening off. There are several ways to join squares but this book only deals with one, the 'join as you go' method which is good and well worth learning but I advise complete beginners to research other joining methods too to understand the different finishes that can be acheived when sewing a project together properly. All in all, a fantastic little book and I highly recommend it. Happy hooking! :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Granny Square Crochet, 20 Jan 2013
Excelent idears on how to use the granny square, I especially liked the idea of working over your stitches to make a thick ring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book!, 13 Feb 2013
M. Porter "flower power" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I treated myself to this book because I had bought a magazine with the pattern for the wrap (on the front cover) inside it. I made the wrap and its beautiful, I am now working my way through the book making lots of other lovely things which I intend to put away for a charity fundraising sale. Would recommend treating yourself to this lovely book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for granny's!, 8 Feb 2013
Lovely reminder of old favourites with a modern twist, enjoying looking through it and planning projects. Hope mine look as good

5.0 out of 5 stars Crochet is definitely in, 12 Jan 2013
This was bought as a present for someone fairly new to crochet and it was very well received.
Lovely pictures and clear, easy to understand instructions.

5.0 out of 5 stars granny-square crochet, 7 Jan 2013
granny square crochet its a really great book its easy to understand and really good for a beginer in crocheting like me.

5.0 out of 5 stars i am very very pleased with my book and have lots more ideas in my head, 28 Mar 2014
I have always wanted to make a round cushion so when i saw the cover of this book i knew i had to have it . Brilliant

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 5 Mar 2014
I have Taken up crochet again after many years and this book is ideal. The patterns are very clear and easy to follow and with helpful diagrams, would recommend .

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT FOR BEGINNERS!, 18 Jan 2014
This book says it's for beginners, be warned, it is not!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›