5.0 out of 5 stars Great book
Published on 3 May 2012 by Donster

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, not more than that
Book with a retrostyle which is fun, but also a bit childish and not so very original. I'll make 1 or 2 project out of it.
Published on 22 April 2012 by astrid

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 3 May 2012
This review is from: All Sewn Up - 35 exquisite projects using applique, embroidery, and more (Hardcover)
I received All Sewn Up this morning and haven't stopped looking at it! The styling is fresh, vintage and quirky, right up my street, and the fabric choices are very inspirational. I particularly liked the cartoons of Jake the cat. There are some very clear templates, especially the birds, which could be used for a variety of projects. I also liked the boy and girl dolls which may well be my first project. I am quite an experienced sewer but I reckon anyone could be successful in these projects. Although you may find similar items in other craft books, such as lavender hearts, tea cosy and cushions, Chloe Owens' style is very distinctive and the pages are laid out very prettily so I don't mind!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 18 July 2012
E. Hayton "Lizzie" (Leeds UK) - See all my reviews
A lovely book full of projects of varying difficulty. I am not a very experienced sewer and find the explanations very clear. Thankfully measurements are in cm and inches to help the UK and US markets. This would be a great gift or if you're like me you can gift it to yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sunshine for a grey day, 20 Feb 2012
Have just received my copy of this book, and I am so happy. The weather outside may be grey and overcast, but I can feel the sunshine radiating out from this lovely book.
This is such a great book, it is hard backed and cloth covered, the paper inside feels nice and the photos of the projects are clear, and the styling is lovely and homely. It is full of really easy to follow projects, that range from beginner to more complicated ones (I'm not very good at machine embroidery but I know this is the book that will make me persevere with it) the illustrations by Gemma Correll are lovely and will appeal to anyone who gets assisted and distracted in their sewing by their pets (I'm sure Chloe's Jake wasn't the only kitty who runs away with the cotton reel) already I am sticking post it notes to the pages where there is a project I want to try out, and I seem to getting through them rather quickly.
This is such a nice original book, the projects to make are in keeping with the patterns and colours of the retro fabrics that are used and there is more than a gentle nod to items made in the 60s and 70s....the whole book has a lovely vintage feel without trying to be something it isn't, this certainly isn't one of those 'jump on the vintage bandwagon' style books but instead seems written and created from the heart. Go on, spoil yourselves and buy yourself a copy, you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book that lived up to expectations..., 22 Mar 2012
I had spotted various articles in magazines and was very excited when the book was released. It really does live upto expectations with lots of really exciting and colouful projects. It is a very beautiful book and I am very pleased to add it to my very large craft book collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars All sewn up, 22 Feb 2012
This book is gorgeous, everything from the tactile front cover to the beautiful fabrics used throughout the book. I bought this book as I wanted to learn how to use machine embroidery and appliqué. Everything is so easily explained I dont feel daunted, There are easier items to get you stared which can be made with the children,to bigger projects you would be proud to display in your home. Can't wait to get started!

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favourite craft book!, 22 Feb 2012
This book is a breath of fresh air! Full of gorgeous projects... it's the first sewing/craft book I own in which I want to make all of the projects. Chloe Owen's demystifies machine embroidery and makes it seem fun rather than scary. I can't wait to start making!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, not more than that, 22 April 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, 24 Oct 2012
Y. Bell (U.K) - See all my reviews
This beautiful book arrived today and is a christmas gift for my daughter, she will be over the moon with it. It has a gorgeous tactile cover and some lovely projects inside. The pictures are clear and interesting , very modern and will appeal to all ages. There is something for everyone , a great buy that comes highly recommended .

4.0 out of 5 stars What a pretty book, 9 July 2012
This book is so sweet, even if I couldn't sew I would leave it out on the coffee table just for show. It has useful projects which aren't too taxing.

5.0 out of 5 stars all sewn up, 11 May 2014
Bought this after forever borrowing it from the public library. They can have their's back now. Very happy with it

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›