4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, fun, fun!
Published 4 months ago by L. MacRae

3.0 out of 5 stars nice ideas
Some nice ideas and templates and easy to follow step by step instructions. A well presented book. I have already made 3 of the projects as gifts which have been well received.
Published 18 months ago by sarah fisher

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, fun, fun!, 23 Jan. 2015
L. MacRae (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: All Sewn Up - 35 exquisite projects using applique, embroidery, and more (Hardcover)
I've been hand sewing little bits and pieces (dolls mostly) for ages, but only started to learn to sew with a sewing machine about a year ago. Now I have quite a library on the subject. I was just given this book as a gift, and what a lovely book! It is beautifully bound, and I don't think I've seen a sewing book that shouted FUN! before. This one certainly does. Chloe Owens' passion and her enjoyment of what she's doing shines on every page, and it's compulsive. I hadn't planned on sewing today, but having read this, I can't not. It really does make you want to join in. The fabrics by Amy Butler, Heather Bailey and Michael Miller are just fabulous. The ideas are fresh and gorgeous, and even a relative beginner like me won't have any problems making any of the items in the book. There is a lot of appliqué, which is just up my street at the moment. There is something I want to make from each chapter. Actually, there are a total of 15 things that I shall be making from the book, both for myself and as gifts (two new babies arriving into the family) and I think that's a first for any of my sewing books. The only thing that lets the book down is the size of the patterns. Everything has to be resized by different amounts on a photocopier. It doesn't bother me because I have one but I can see it being a bit of a bind for those that have to make a special journey and then have to pay for the privilege. It's a real shame and I hate to drop a star for a book that has already given me a huge amount of pleasure. Please sort it out with the next book, Chloe!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 3 May 2012
I received All Sewn Up this morning and haven't stopped looking at it! The styling is fresh, vintage and quirky, right up my street, and the fabric choices are very inspirational. I particularly liked the cartoons of Jake the cat. There are some very clear templates, especially the birds, which could be used for a variety of projects. I also liked the boy and girl dolls which may well be my first project. I am quite an experienced sewer but I reckon anyone could be successful in these projects. Although you may find similar items in other craft books, such as lavender hearts, tea cosy and cushions, Chloe Owens' style is very distinctive and the pages are laid out very prettily so I don't mind!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 18 July 2012
E. Hayton "Lizzie" (Leeds UK) - See all my reviews
A lovely book full of projects of varying difficulty. I am not a very experienced sewer and find the explanations very clear. Thankfully measurements are in cm and inches to help the UK and US markets. This would be a great gift or if you're like me you can gift it to yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sunshine for a grey day, 20 Feb. 2012
Have just received my copy of this book, and I am so happy. The weather outside may be grey and overcast, but I can feel the sunshine radiating out from this lovely book.
This is such a great book, it is hard backed and cloth covered, the paper inside feels nice and the photos of the projects are clear, and the styling is lovely and homely. It is full of really easy to follow projects, that range from beginner to more complicated ones (I'm not very good at machine embroidery but I know this is the book that will make me persevere with it) the illustrations by Gemma Correll are lovely and will appeal to anyone who gets assisted and distracted in their sewing by their pets (I'm sure Chloe's Jake wasn't the only kitty who runs away with the cotton reel) already I am sticking post it notes to the pages where there is a project I want to try out, and I seem to getting through them rather quickly.
This is such a nice original book, the projects to make are in keeping with the patterns and colours of the retro fabrics that are used and there is more than a gentle nod to items made in the 60s and 70s....the whole book has a lovely vintage feel without trying to be something it isn't, this certainly isn't one of those 'jump on the vintage bandwagon' style books but instead seems written and created from the heart. Go on, spoil yourselves and buy yourself a copy, you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book that lived up to expectations..., 22 Mar. 2012
I had spotted various articles in magazines and was very excited when the book was released. It really does live upto expectations with lots of really exciting and colouful projects. It is a very beautiful book and I am very pleased to add it to my very large craft book collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars All sewn up, 22 Feb. 2012
This book is gorgeous, everything from the tactile front cover to the beautiful fabrics used throughout the book. I bought this book as I wanted to learn how to use machine embroidery and appliqué. Everything is so easily explained I dont feel daunted, There are easier items to get you stared which can be made with the children,to bigger projects you would be proud to display in your home. Can't wait to get started!

3.0 out of 5 stars nice ideas, 21 Nov. 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book when I bought it, 26 Jan. 2015
I loved this book when I bought it, however I have later found that the content is not as original as I first thought. One of the reason's behind my comment is the cat design shown in this book (an applique design on a bag and also as a template sketch for others to use) is a copy of the cat off the front cover of Pain d'épice, contes et comptines also to be found in English golden book 'Baby's mother goose' orignally from the 70's, which was originally drawn by another artist.

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favourite craft book!, 22 Feb. 2012
This book is a breath of fresh air! Full of gorgeous projects... it's the first sewing/craft book I own in which I want to make all of the projects. Chloe Owen's demystifies machine embroidery and makes it seem fun rather than scary. I can't wait to start making!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 15 Nov. 2013
This book is very inspirational, I love the way it is set out and the projects are such fun. I have owned my copy for a while now, but could not bear to part with it so bought one for my daughter too.

She combines old techniques and gives them an up to the minute twist. I particularly liked the fabric collages, such a brilliant idea!

All Sewn Up - 35 exquisite projects using applique, embroidery, and more