5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book for beginners
Published on 26 April 2012 by TheLibrarian

2.0 out of 5 stars A passion for quilting
A basic quilting book, more patchwork items than lots of quilts.
Would interest a beginner or someone interested in general sewing.
I was rather disappointed.
Published on 11 Jun 2012 by Lillian

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book for beginners, 26 April 2012
This review is from: A Passion for Quilting (Paperback)
I am relatively new to quilting and this is the best book I have bought so far. The first thing I love about the book is that it is packed full of colourful, modern and quirky designs. The book contains 35 projects including quilts, bags, aprons, place mats, bags and cushions. I love the beautiful patchwork quilt on the cover, the bags and a tablecloth made from vintage tea towels. The other thing I absolutely love about this book is that the projects are easy to follow. I often get confused by the instructions and diagrams in many craft books. The instructions are simple and to the point and the diagrams are colourful and easy to follow. I especially liked the section on how to do different types of binding. I would particularly recommend this book to any beginner looking for modern and fresh designs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, 2 April 2012
Mrs. S. K. Prew "Princessplain" (Surrey U K) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Passion for Quilting (Paperback)
This is a lovely book, with lots of projects that I will definitely want to make. There are traditional quilts to make, but some more unusual ones, I particularly like the vintage embroidered quilt, which makes use of embroidered traycloths and the like. There are predictable bags etc, but the book is full of more unusual projects too, such as the cake tea cozy which also incorporates some free machine embroidery, I also love the patchwork picture. I really like this book, it is pretty to look at as well as being full of nice things you will want to make. It probably won't stretch the more advanced quilter, but will provide inspiration for beginners to intermediate level sewers. Templates all need enlarging which may irritate some. All in all a great book though, and lovely to browse if you're not in the mood for actually picking up your needle!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 26 April 2012
This review is from: A Passion for Quilting (Paperback)
This is a lovely well thought out and bright book on patchwork and quilting, which also includes applique and embroidery. Good instruction and a great place to start for the beginner. The retro/modern feel may well appeal to teenagers starting out too as there is nothing heavy and old fashioned about the projects. Definitely one of my favourites.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book so far., 1 Aug 2012
Linda (Chesterfield, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Passion for Quilting (Paperback)
Too often you feel let down by books that have a colourful front cover and promises of practical projects. This one does not disappoint. It is a fantastic book with lovely, bright illustrations throughout as well as precise instructions for making the some very useful items. It has inspired me to have a go at all 35 projects.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Passion for Quilting, 10 Jun 2012
K. Lloyd - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Passion for Quilting (Paperback)
I found this book very informative and the instructions were easy to understand. The designs were good and the measurement for each design patch excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational little book, 30 Jan 2013
This review is from: A Passion for Quilting (Paperback)
I have many sewing books (have a bit of an obsession really) but this book has still inspired me to attempt a couple of the projects inside. The photographs inside are beautiful and this combined wiht the authors writing style about ignoring people who claim ''you shouldn't do it like that!'' This is one of the reasons that i have steered clear from quilting but still love the books. However, i have been to my local sewing shop and purchased a walking foot, 1/4'' foot and other bits and pieces so here goes...

Off to my sewing room!

5.0 out of 5 stars a passion for quilting, 13 Jan 2013
This review is from: A Passion for Quilting (Paperback)
Very good book borrowed from library to start with but found so many things to make in it that I had to buy it for myself.
I would recommend this book to all my friends who enjoy quilting and patchwork or just like making things .

2.0 out of 5 stars A passion for quilting, 11 Jun 2012
This review is from: A Passion for Quilting (Paperback)
A basic quilting book, more patchwork items than lots of quilts.
Would interest a beginner or someone interested in general sewing.
I was rather disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars passion for quilting, 20 Jan 2013
This review is from: A Passion for Quilting (Paperback)
liked the projects and bright colours . Good clear instructions and nice ideas,good for beginner or more experienced machine quilter

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 16 Jan 2013
This review is from: A Passion for Quilting (Paperback)
A passion for quilting is very easy to follow. very good instructions. I am a new to quilting and found it very informative.

A Passion for Quilting
A Passion for Quilting by Nicki Trench (Paperback - 22 Mar 2012)
9.09